DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro firmware update impossible

Thank you very much I will try tomorrow with dji assistant 2 following your advices. How do I refresh the current firmware? Do I downgrade it and then upgrade it again?

When in Assistant 2 it will be more clear. You will see that next to your current firmware it will say “refresh” instead of “upgrade.”

In the second step, when going from the 01.03.0400 to 01.04.0100, it’s possible that Assistant 2 will tell you the process is complete but after rebooting the bird Assistant 2 still says you are on 01.03.0400. Don’t be dismayed this can happen when going from a 01.03 firmware to a 01.04 firmware and just needs to be done a second time that usually will go much quicker (but still takes awhile.)

The reason is that the upgrade is a generational upgrade. Like upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10. It’s a big upgrade and will take a seemingly very long time. The progress bar will seem to hang many times but let it do it’s thing. Allow up to 30 mins per attempt. Assistant 2 has a little note saying “upgrading can take up to 5 mins” which is laughable.

A really good sign that the process is moving along is that the lights on the battery will start going nuts flashing rapidly. This is because there is a battery firmware update between 01.03.xxxx and 01.04.xxxxx. The bird will also restart several times during the process and don’t take that as it’s done. Wait till it says it’s complete to manually turn it off.

Also be sure to have a full battery when starting this process. If the battery drains so that the top light is dark and the second light is blinking recharge it before beginning another firmware upgrade.

Since your remote has been upgraded to 01.04.0400 you don’t need to do anything with it till after you upgrade the bird all the way. The truth is there is no difference between 01.04.0400 and 01.04.0500 other than an update for the DJI goggles. DJI Go 4 May bug you to upgrade the remote even though it will work just fine.

To avoid being bugged you can upgrade the remote by itself using Assistant 2 and plugging in the remote to the computer via the micro USB port of on the side of the remote.

Hopefully you don’t have information overload at this point ? lol. Keep us updated

When in Assistant 2 it will be more clear. You will see that next to your current firmware it will say “refresh” instead of “upgrade.”

In the second step, when going from the 01.03.0400 to 01.04.0100, it’s possible that Assistant 2 will tell you the process is complete but after rebooting the bird Assistant 2 still says you are on 01.03.0400. Don’t be dismayed this can happen when going from a 01.03 firmware to a 01.04 firmware and just needs to be done a second time that usually will go much quicker (but still takes awhile.)

The reason is that the upgrade is a generational upgrade. Like upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10. It’s a big upgrade and will take a seemingly very long time. The progress bar will seem to hang many times but let it do it’s thing. Allow up to 30 mins per attempt. Assistant 2 has a little note saying “upgrading can take up to 5 mins” which is laughable.

A really good sign that the process is moving along is that the lights on the battery will start going nuts flashing rapidly. This is because there is a battery firmware update between 01.03.xxxx and 01.04.xxxxx. The bird will also restart several times during the process and don’t take that as it’s done. Wait till it says it’s complete to manually turn it off.

Also be sure to have a full battery when starting this process. If the battery drains so that the top light is dark and the second light is blinking recharge it before beginning another firmware upgrade.

Since your remote has been upgraded to 01.04.0400 you don’t need to do anything with it till after you upgrade the bird all the way. The truth is there is no difference between 01.04.0400 and 01.04.0500 other than an update for the DJI goggles. DJI Go 4 May bug you to upgrade the remote even though it will work just fine.

To avoid being bugged you can upgrade the remote by itself using Assistant 2 and plugging in the remote to the computer via the micro USB port of on the side of the remote.

Hopefully you don’t have information overload at this point ? lol. Keep us updated
Thank you so much for these advices I'll try tomorrow and will keep you updated.

Hello I can't see the "refresh" next to my current firmware because the oldest firmware I can update to is 01.03.1000 like seen on the picture

Hello, I tried upgrading the firmware with dji assistant 2 today but couldn't find the refresh option ( precedent photo) so I tried upgrading the firmware to 01.03.1000 4 times and it always failed. I then tried upgrading directly to 01.04.0000 but again it failed.

Hello, I tried upgrading the firmware with dji assistant 2 today but couldn't find the refresh option ( precedent photo) so I tried upgrading the firmware to 01.03.1000 4 times and it always failed. I then tried upgrading directly to 01.04.0000 but again it failed.
Have you posted in Dji support forum?
Have to admit that I newer use Assistant to update my Mavic as I use modded FW
and just flash it to the drone.

Have you posted in Dji support forum?
Have to admit that I newer use Assistant to update my Mavic as I use modded FW
and just flash it to the drone.
No never posted in Dji support forum. Do you think I could contact dji via mil or something?

No never posted in Dji support forum. Do you think I could contact dji via mil or something?

Yea at this point you are still under warranty. if you weren’t I have other ideas but since you are better to just let DJI deal with it you shouldn’t have this big of an issue just to update it.

If you are new to Dji forum you can't post new treat but I can post it for you and then you can reply there.
Your login date there should bee the same as in the app.
It's much quicker to contact Dji true forum than email.
Let me know if you want that.

I would just contact DJI support. I’m not sure what the jokers in DJI’s forum are gonna tell you to do we haven’t already. Sound like you are better off getting it traded out for one that’s not so difficult to update if you are still in warranty.

I would just contact DJI support. I’m not sure what the jokers in DJI’s forum are gonna tell you to do we haven’t already. Sound like you are better off getting it traded out for one that’s not so difficult to update if you are still in warranty.
I'm not in warranty anymore so I'll guess I'll try on dji forum. If I don't find any solution I'll juste contact Dji Support but how do I contatct them. I've checked the reparation procedure on dji.com and don't really understand how to proceed they only speak about physical problems not software ones.

There is a FW 3.0810 or somthing like that which you just get from Dji and normally from one of the moderators in the forum.

If you are new to Dji forum you can't post new treat but I can post it for you and then you can reply there.
Your login date there should bee the same as in the app.
It's much quicker to contact Dji true forum than email.
Let me know if you want that.
Yes thank you very much I agree with your proposition we'll see if they can help me there.

I've tried backdating the firmware on the Pro and battery to the earliest available via DJI Assistant 2 but only one of my batteries works with this. BOTH batteries seem to charge just fine and using the "good" one I can do a full update to the latest firmware for battery and drone. Using the other battery failure occurs at 32% on every occasion and then if that battery is used bootup is normal but error message about battery occurs each time. Is there any way of obtaining the earlier firmware mentioned in this thread so that I can try the procedure ?? (Or alternatively some way of updating the battery independently of the drone?

Tha

Thank you so much for your investment and your help I'll try following post 16 tomorrow and will share my results.
Hello just to get you guys up to date. I still didn't manage to do one firmware update for the past year and had kind of lost the will to fly my drone again. But à miracle literally just happened today I wanted to take my drone out but couldn't manage to make it fly because on the app it was indicated a firmware update was being made ( I hadn't turned my drone on for the past two weeks) so i plugged it on dji assistant to see what was happening and I see he is at the latest firmware! I refreshed it to make sure and all went perfectly. Really excited to fly my bird again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa