DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro: fly to a coordinate?

tictag

Reactions
Is there a way to fly to an exact coordinate?

I'm trying to do a very long hyperlapse, maybe 10's of batteries flight time, so I'll need to resume the hyperlapse exactly where the last one (battery) ended.

Sure. Lichti can be used to plan a waypoint mission. One waypoint would be where you take off from (directly above) and the other would be the waypoint (using Latitude and Longitude) of where you wanted to begin the hyperlapse.

Problem is GPS deviation can allow for up to 9 feet of deviation (3 meters). So even though you specifically defined a Latitude and Longitude setting and a height. Depending on the GPS satellites that exact position in 3 D space may be different.

You can see this post where I define a couple of Waypoints using Lichti and Latitude / Longitude. (With Video) Fly between coordinates?

I've never used DJI Go's waypoint feature, but flying to a coordinate with Litchi is its bread and butter. If you put down a waypoint, you see its GPS coordinates, and you can see those change if you grab and move that waypoint.

DJI's GS Pro is a free waypoint mission app, but I have limited experience with it since I found Litchi to be more user friendly.

Reactions: ksmusa
The latest version of Litchi IOS has the ability to create a waypoint, then update that value and fly the drone to it. Before this was only available in the Android version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78