DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Footage Shaky/Jittery

Darthur90

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I have some issues with my mavic pro. Everytime i am filming something it does this. I had another one and sent it back to dji care refresh and they sent me back this one that does the same thing. Am i doing something wrong?
i have these settings:
file format: mov
Resolution 2.7k 30fps
NTSC

I uploaded a sample footage on youtube.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I have a question for you guys, what device are you hooking up to your transmitter? Are you using an iOS device or an Android device?

The reason why I ask is because I've nagged about this issue for several weeks and I think I've found the link. I've had all of those problems I listed above, and at first I thought it was because of my microSD card because it only happened when I put a certain card in. Then it turned out not to be the card, so I returned that P4 and got another P4. Well, I changed a few things, and everything was OK at first with the new bird. But then the problem started again. This time I ran some tests with the microSD that came with the bird, and several other ones, and they were still giving me problems. So, I swapped that one out for a 3rd P4. At this point, I was starting to hate the way the DJI Go app for Android and decided to buy an iPad Mini 4 that I only use for my Phantom 4. Well everything was great, no more problem. It was too good. So I figured I'll put my Galaxy Note 5 back in and see how it handles. Well, guess what, every previous problem I had came back. But, when i put the iPad back in the saddle, no problem.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it definitely has something to do with my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and/or the Android DJI Go app. If you are having problems, and you have another device available (borrow your family's phone or ipad or tablet), can you test out with the other device and see if you're still having the same problem? Please share what devices you are using.

ThanX!

I have a question for you guys, what device are you hooking up to your transmitter? Are you using an iOS device or an Android device?

The reason why I ask is because I've nagged about this issue for several weeks and I think I've found the link. I've had all of those problems I listed above, and at first I thought it was because of my microSD card because it only happened when I put a certain card in. Then it turned out not to be the card, so I returned that P4 and got another P4. Well, I changed a few things, and everything was OK at first with the new bird. But then the problem started again. This time I ran some tests with the microSD that came with the bird, and several other ones, and they were still giving me problems. So, I swapped that one out for a 3rd P4. At this point, I was starting to hate the way the DJI Go app for Android and decided to buy an iPad Mini 4 that I only use for my Phantom 4. Well everything was great, no more problem. It was too good. So I figured I'll put my Galaxy Note 5 back in and see how it handles. Well, guess what, every previous problem I had came back. But, when i put the iPad back in the saddle, no problem.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it definitely has something to do with my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and/or the Android DJI Go app. If you are having problems, and you have another device available (borrow your family's phone or ipad or tablet), can you test out with the other device and see if you're still having the same problem? Please share what devices you are using.

ThanX!
I always had issues when using my android devices. Switched to IOS and never had so much as a glitch, since.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I don't see what issue could an Android device generate, because it is recording directly to the sd card inside the mavic, but i will give it a try and see if something changes.

The video looks fine to me - you are also shooting into the sun - try turning it and filming away from sun and see if it still does it and add that video.

Do you mean "not smooth" or shaky video - movements are quick in the video if that's what you mean - you can turn down the settings to turn slower and make your gimbal tilt slower as well.
Yes, exactly, i am talking about that shakiness, i will lower the gimbal speed and try to reshoot it slower. Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back after reshooting it.

if you mean periodic jittery in footage, I got theory that this is caused by camera cache chip for picture processing getting full and saving video to sdcard - camera chip too busy and dropping frames
or sdcard too slow (or better - not so compatible with mavic 1 interface in card reader)), despite being superfast new U3 or whatever
I noticed that downgrading back to older cards (16Gb or 32GB class 10) brings better result, also I downgraded DJI app, and turned off local caching video on phone
usually filming in 1080p is buttery smooth ...

I would really want that video cache on mobile device in case of a crash though !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes