DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal Cable Routing Pics Please

fileophile

Reactions
HI, I am in the middle of replacing my gimbal cable and got the old one off, only to realize I don't have any good reference for how it goes back together. The routing is complex with lots of bends, wraps, twists, etc. This is the flat cable that has 4 connection points. I've been viewing Youtube videos but none of them seem to have good clear photos from several angles with the ribbon installed so you can see how the path is supposed to look. Anyone got something they could share?

Here are some videos that should help:

These video are kind of helpful, but no one focuses on detailed folding of the cable, or detailed routing of the cable. Every video I find misses how the 2nd connector folds / routes. This is a very frustrating thing, and I'm a pretty technical person. I've tried it 5 different ways, and it just isn't working out for me.

Anyone have a step-by-step with instructions?

Or does anyone want $125 to fix mine? I have the parts, just can't get the flat cable figured out. Everything else is a breeze.

Please help.

These video are kind of helpful, but no one focuses on detailed folding of the cable, or detailed routing of the cable. Every video I find misses how the 2nd connector folds / routes. This is a very frustrating thing, and I'm a pretty technical person. I've tried it 5 different ways, and it just isn't working out for me.

Or does anyone want $125 to fix mine? I have the parts, just can't get the flat cable figured out. Everything else is a breeze.

Please help.

I repair gimbals every day and Im an Approved Vendor here on Mavicpilots. If it's just a gimbal ribbon cable, I can do it for less than that.

You can take a look at my repair thread and if you have any questions, please ask.

Thunderdrones Repair Information

Reactions: Shark69
I repair gimbals every day and Im an Approved Vendor here on Mavicpilots. If it's just a gimbal ribbon cable, I can do it for less than that.

You can take a look at my repair thread and if you have any questions, please ask.

Thunderdrones Repair Information

Perfect. I'll follow up with instructions from that thread. Can I just send you gimbal, vibration board, cable, or would you rather have the entire drone?

Perfect. I'll follow up with instructions from that thread. Can I just send you gimbal, vibration board, cable, or would you rather have the entire drone?

I prefer to have the drone, controller, battery and SD card. When Im done repairing it, you will be able to open the box and fly it with no error messages.

Please help.
I actually just replaced mine 2 days ago. I had same problem. No good videos. Was so frustrated. Spent over 10 hours trying to figure it out til I ripped the first one . Then bought another one. Spent probably close to another 10 hours trying to figure it out. Well after watching closecto a dozen different vids I finally got it. Seems so simple once you do it once. I had a few mins while at work and reading posts. I’ll send something to help after work

• Angry
Reactions: Bandit714
Jeez. Just reading the threads on the comment I just posted about. It really IS true! EVERYONE IS ALWAYS TRYIN NAKE A DOLLAR! You people can’t just try to help another?

Jeez. Just reading the threads on the comment I just posted about. It really IS true! EVERYONE IS ALWAYS TRYIN NAKE A DOLLAR! You people can’t just try to help another?
i think you are a bit out of order with your remarks, Thunderdrones repairs drones for a living . he is not trying to pad out the bill, he wants the drone so he can check that the repair has been successful before he returns it thats all

You can be my wingman any time, Omm.
no problem Rob the OP should have taken pics of the gimbal before and during the strip down then he would have had something to refer to.or better still employed someone such as yourself who knows what they are doing

Going by your estimates, 20 hours... including frustration and damaging components in the process. But you expect people to just do all that work for free? Unfortunately, the world doesn't work like that or we'd all be without a job...

So go out and "NAKE A DOLLAR"

Reactions: old man mavic
no problem Rob the OP should have taken pics of the gimbal before and during the strip down then he would have had something to refer to.or better still employed someone such as yourself who knows what they are doing

As my Dad once told me, "If you know what you're doing, it's ridiculously easy. If you don't, it's easily ridiculous." Works for more than just drone repairs!

As my Dad once told me, "If you know what you're doing, it's ridiculously easy. If you don't, it's easily ridiculous." Works for more than just drone repairs!
i applaud any one who tries to do there own repairs i maintain my car myself despite being OMM, but if it a job that requires special tools that i dont own i go to a local mechanic i trust and let him do the work, even if i know what needs to be done sometimes trying to save some money can work out more costly in the long run

My exact thought. Unfortunately everyone wants to make a dollar, not considering they were once in that place of confusion. SMH so sad.

I actually just replaced mine 2 days ago. I had same problem. No good videos. Was so frustrated. Spent over 10 hours trying to figure it out til I ripped the first one . Then bought another one. Spent probably close to another 10 hours trying to figure it out. Well after watching closecto a dozen different vids I finally got it. Seems so simple once you do it once. I had a few mins while at work and reading posts. I’ll send something to help after work

Hi, would you mind sharing it here as well. Thanks in advance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS