DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro II - New Image Sensor?

I am still surprised more has not been said about this video. If it’s a hoax or fake it was well done.

I am still surprised more has not been said about this video. If it’s a hoax or fake it was well done.

I think the unchangeable lense camera is totatly real. This is a HARD task for DJI so im wondering if they arent buying Sony's help in doing this.

I suspect this:

Phantom 5 is a huge task and Im guessing it has another 6 months to a year left in development.

DJI needs a Phantom refresh now. So, the P4P-II is going hold Phantom sales up during this time. Curious to see if "Ocusync 2.0" goes into this P4P-II. Trying to figure out if DJI could improve that 1inch-type camera. Could DJI be bold enough to give it 10bit 150mbps CODEC?

I think the Mavic Pro-II will have a VERY nice camera with a new 1/1.7 Sony IMX266 STARVIS sensor. It will have 100mbps h.264 too. Now the Mavic Pro will finally beat its little Mavic Air brother in image quality! But it NEEDS a true variable aperture lens like the P4P!!! If DJI sticks it with a locked 2.8 again....this is going to suck bad!

Reactions: MarceloLi
That's a bummer, I was 100% sure the MP will have a 1" sensor. I don't think I will buy a Phantom 4P just for the sensor.

If this prediction of the MP2 with a 1/1.7 sensor is true it means the size and shape of the drone will be the same, no reason to make it bigger right?

I was reading a review of the new Sony sensor and compared to the actual MP sensor it will deliver a little sharper pictures but the control of noise and dynamic range is really an improvement.

DJI still selling big quantities of the MP and I don't think they will release the new model until end of Summer or Fall of this year.

In the mean time I am enjoying the MA and learning all the tricks of this little drone.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smoluse