DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro "II"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewSnap

Reactions
With a number of Drones for different uses I had long considered adding a P4P. However, with the launch of the Mavic "Air" and recent speculation that the upcoming Mavic Pro II will be larger and have the 1" sensor, could we been seeing the death knell for the mid size fixed arm drone?
With the Mavic Air positioning the casual flyer, could the Mavic Pro be moving up the ladder and replace the Phantom Range? Great as the P4P is, it's common complaint is portability and without retractable legs it's easy to see how a 1" 100mbs camera equipped MP2 could make it redundant. Or could we see the Phantom 5 also move up and get retractable legs taking it into what was entry Inspire territory and therefore vacating it's current positioning to the upgraded Mavic Pro? The Inspire is safe from this as it now has the X7 so maybe everything is shifting up the range hence the Mavic Air?

Last edited:
I don't see why they would they would have the Mavic Air (MA) become the drone for users who wanted all the features of the Mavic Pro. The MA is just not that great of an aircraft, and lacks many features of the Mavic Pro (MP) that it almost seems more like an entry level aircraft v.s. a drone for "professional" use. Unlike the Phantom line that is for professional use along with the Inspire.

I never cared for the Phantom line because it lacked portability, but most true professional don't care so much about that. I am more about traveling, shooting selfies, and sometimes making breathtaking amateur videos at excellent quality, and not about taking videos for magazines, or movies for film or TV. I think the Mavic Pro II (MP2) is more than likely going to remain backpack portable and relatively close in size to the MP, but the enlarged area will be for the camera protection. If it didn't remain just as portable, DJI would lose their consumer base fairly fast and I just don't see the company assuming that risk.

All of your questions and postulations have been discussed in the existing, lengthy Mavic Pro II thread. You'll find some interesting information there. And all of it is speculation because there has been a rash of crystal ball thefts.

Mavic 2

Mavic Pro II - New Image Sensor?

Last edited:
The MA is just not that great of an aircraft, and lacks many features of the Mavic Pro (MP) that it almost seems more like an entry level aircraft v.s. a drone for "professional" use.
Besides the max range (which is still well beyond VLOS) and shorter battery life, which other major features do you feel it's lacking? From my limited experience with it so far, I think it could be just as good of a choice as the MP for many people.

Besides the max range (which is still well beyond VLOS) and shorter battery life, which other major features do you feel it's lacking? From my limited experience with it so far, I think it could be just as good of a choice as the MP for many people.

Agree. I think DJI views the MA like Apple views the iPhone camera. Apple wants the average user to be able to pick up the iPhone and take a great picture while hiding all the levers that can be pulled (ISO, aperture, white balance...). I believe the MP is viewed by DJI more like a DSLR where you provide the levers that allow you to manipulate the shot the way you want.

The MA is designed for the mainstream where the MP, Phantom, and Inspire are for professionals or very knowledgable hobbyists. Because most buyers fit the mainstream category, the MA will always outsell the "pro" models because the mainstream needs it to be easy to use yet still able to capture great shots and footage. Just like the iPhone is the most popular camera on the photography sites and not a DSLR.

the wifi part of MA nixed me buying one,if it werent for that id own one right now.

All of your questions and postulations have been discussed in the existing, lengthy Mavic Pro II thread. You'll find some interesting information there. And all of it is speculation because there has been a rash of crystal ball thefts.

Mavic 2

Mavic Pro II - New Image Sensor?
Guy's please Post in these threads on this any further .
Thanks.
CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_