DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Motor Mod

If your going by the reading "battery watts" id say its slightly better then 250W.

Capture3.PNG

12.65 grams per watt? Is that the total battery consumption? That would be around 3 amps per motor on 4s?

Yeah I'm seeing about 4 to 5 amps per motor but who knows how accurate this is being I'm using a 4s instead of the 3. But hey man I can tell you its pretty efficient based on the over 51 min flight time.

Yeah I'm seeing about 4 to 5 amps per motor but who knows how accurate this is being I'm using a 4s instead of the 3. But hey man I can tell you its pretty efficient based on the over 51 min flight time.
Current should be accurate regardless of voltage. 4-5A per motor on 4s is a lot more than 160W, more like mid 200s. Still promising however, and certainly not worse than stock motors.

You really can't claim that without knowing every single factor. Using a rule-of-thumb statement doesn't work for such a complex system, especially when we are now talking about larger motors, different loads, and different voltages. There are far too many variables, and it really comes down to which one will be in the most efficient range with this extra load, and you cannot simply say that it's one or the other.

2-blade vs 3-blade and 4-blade propellers - Aerotrash
I think as a general claim, he is right. Most standard props operating on these small electric engines will loose efficiency by increasing the blade count.

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo780
Holy cr*p, I just now saw this thread. Chazz, this is brilliant and you my new hero!!

Who needs the Mavic2?? This IS the new mavic2!!

Reactions: chazz
hey chazz, can you send a pic with the rotor arms folded? Just curious how compact it is for transport.

hey chazz, can you send a pic with the rotor arms folded? Just curious how compact it is for transport.

Mine doesn't fold so well. There are a few things you can probably do like run the front motor wires a little differently (maybe run through the arm towards the end) and file the rear motor mounts down or just redo them...

1.JPG 2.JPG

Mine doesn't fold so well. There are a few things you can probably do like run the front motor wires a little differently (maybe run through the arm towards the end) and file the rear motor mounts down or just redo them...

View attachment 37699 View attachment 37700

You need to go trademark "The Chazmavic". If not DJI may use this name for the Mavic2 :)

I'm waiting for some lion batteries to come in to test a 4s6p with this setup. With the original motors i got over 50min flight time with a 4s4p lion set up so i think this should do well with the 4s6p...I made a GPS extender to see if it helps with the magnetic interference from these batteries. The only thing is these batteries are taking forever to get here. I think Amazon has me spoiled.

I'm waiting for some lion batteries to come in to test a 4s6p with this setup. With the original motors i got over 50min flight time with a 4s4p lion set up so i think this should do well with the 4s6p...I made a GPS extender to see if it helps with the magnetic interference from these batteries. The only thing is these batteries are taking forever to get here. I think Amazon has me spoiled.

For all of us battery dummies, can u describe the basic differences of the battery types discussed in this thread and why you would change from the factory type?

For all of us battery dummies, can u describe the basic differences of the battery types discussed in this thread and why you would change from the factory type?

All I can tell you is my experience from testing them and in no way, am I a battery expert and I’m sure there are people better suited to explain exactly how it actually works. But in my experience the 3s lipo's (stock battery) discharge "smooth" in the range 4.35V to 3.5V after which time it discharges very quickly. The 4s Lion battery that i test is charged to 4.20V and it discharges very "smooth" up until it hits around 2.8V then it discharges quickly. Seems there is better discharge curve for the lion. Plus, the one I'm testing is lighter than a lipo of equal capacity (they may all be)…The downside is I think it can’t supply as much current if needed which is why there is a lot of voltage sag. A full speed long-range flight will have to be done for a true test but in a hover the 4s lion wins hands down.

All I can tell you is my experience from testing them and in no way, am I a battery expert and I’m sure there are people better suited to explain exactly how it actually works. But in my experience the 3s lipo's (stock battery) discharge "smooth" in the range 4.35V to 3.5V after which time it discharges very quickly. The 4s Lion battery that i test is charged to 4.20V and it discharges very "smooth" up until it hits around 2.8V then it discharges quickly. Seems there is better discharge curve for the lion. Plus, the one I'm testing is lighter than a lipo of equal capacity (they may all be)…The downside is I think it can’t supply as much current if needed which is why there is a lot of voltage sag. A full speed long-range flight will have to be done for a true test but in a hover the 4s lion wins hands down.

oh yeah and they last longer ;)

Interesting reading, and I would bolt on any prop configuration that would outperform my current 2 blade setup.

25i7rQA.jpg

Platinum with APC 1045 front and 8745 rear.

If you could mount any size props on a 2000 gram bird with 800kv motors which size would you try?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423