DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Motor Mod

Just for reference, what is the AUW on a stock p3 with stock battery?

D4tqa9u.jpg

P3P v1 with 960kV

wurQw3b.jpg

All of a stock battery.

1298g in the air.

Pardon the intrusion here. The .DAT can be a little tricky if the flight exceeds about 700 secs. The .DAT will stop being recorded and then recording resumes by creating a new .DAT. This happened to you flight where it created FLY030.DAT and then FLY031.DAT. Looking at the whole flight can be done by concatenating the two .DATs E.g.

cat FLY030.DAT FLY031.DAT > FLY3031.DAT

and then submitting FLY3031.DAT to CsvView.
Here are the esc temps
View attachment 39366

No intrusion at all, thank you! I fumbled with it and couldn't figure it out.

Lolo,

I am a noob with csviewer, can you look at this flight for me and see what it tells you?

drone-share-temp

Looks like your ESC temps are getting up there. The most I've seen is 10x degrees. I've also seen this so you'll want to get some heat dissipation happening on the drivers.. I've also seen this so you'll want to get some heat dissipation happening on the drivers. The rears will work harder in forward flight so ideally you want to concentrate efforts there. I was trying to figure out a good way to draw the heat outside the frame without putting any mechanical stress on the chips.
RWQSeOR.jpg

@BudWalker thanks for posting the temps graph.

Last edited:
Looks like your ESC temps are getting up there. The most I've seen is 10x degrees. I've also seen this so you'll want to get some heat dissipation happening on the drivers.. I've also seen this so you'll want to get some heat dissipation happening on the drivers. The rears will work harder in forward flight so ideally you want to concentrate efforts there. I was trying to figure out a good way to draw the heat outside the frame without putting any mechanical stress on the chips.
RWQSeOR.jpg

dronemods-2018-264.png

RWQSeOR.jpg

why not make some air ram scoops from the side of the frame and put some mini heat syncs on the chips in question??

Silver Mini Aluminum Heat Sink for MOSFET MOS IC Chipest MOS RAMS ASICs RHS-01 | eBay

Or install a water chiller on board and circulate tubing around the boards :)

Why didn't chazz have the heat problems on his 51 minute hover test?

Last edited:
Lolo,

I am a noob with csviewer, can you look at this flight for me and see what it tells you?

drone-share-temp

Ok looks like exactly 200W to hover. At 1559g that's 7.8g/W. Your right rear motor RPMs are way down compared to the others. From 1-4 the wattage goes 75, 50, 50, 25. Check your CG and motor thrust angles?

Hopefully the efficiency will improve on 4s.

Pardon the intrusion here. The .DAT can be a little tricky if the flight exceeds about 700 secs. The .DAT will stop being recorded and then recording resumes by creating a new .DAT. This happened to you flight where it created FLY030.DAT and then FLY031.DAT. Looking at the whole flight can be done by concatenating the two .DATs E.g.

cat FLY030.DAT FLY031.DAT > FLY3031.DAT

and then submitting FLY3031.DAT to CsvView.
Here are the esc temps
View attachment 39366

Thanks for that! I'm wondering why beanbubba's 27min flight made two 300mb files and my 50min flight made a single 450mb file

Last edited:
I looked for 100% pwm in beambubba's flight data and i see it happened for a second about 14min into the flight to the right front motor. Keep an eye on that to see if it gets worse with added weight and over time like mine.

Capture13.PNG

I looked for 100% pwm in beambubba's flight data and i see it happened for a second about 14min into the flight to the right front motor. Keep an eye on that to see if it gets worse with added weight and over time like mine.

View attachment 39379

Forgive my ignorance on motor technology, but from what I have heard you guys say so far, there is no obvious explanation for the spin at 27 minutes into my last flight??

Forgive my ignorance on motor technology, but from what I have heard you guys say so far, there is no obvious explanation for the spin at 27 minutes into my last flight??
If the RF motor maxes out, the AC will yaw counterclockwise. I don't have your log in front of me but I'm guessing that's what happenend?

Guys please give me a scheme/ wiring to fly 4s lipo without main original smartboard and battery? Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for that! I'm wondering why beanbubba's 27min flight made two 300mb files and my 50min flight made a single 450mb file
Actually, @beanbubba 's flight got split into 3 .DATs. I didn't mentioned it because the 3rd one was very short (824 KB) and didn't contain anything useful.

In your flight I'll bet there was another flight following the 450 MB .DAT.

Different FWs record different data in the .DAT resulting in different size .DATs for the same batteryOn duration. I also suspect that birds with a modified mix of FW modules can also cause this.

I don't know why @beanbubba 's .DATs are each 300 MB instead of the usual 450 MB files.

Actually, @beanbubba 's flight got split into 3 .DATs. I didn't mentioned it because the 3rd one was very short (824 KB) and didn't contain anything useful.

In your flight I'll bet there was another flight following the 450 MB .DAT.

Different FWs record different data in the .DAT resulting in different size .DATs for the same batteryOn duration. I also suspect that birds with a modified mix of FW modules can also cause this.

I don't know why @beanbubba 's .DATs are each 300 MB instead of the usual 450 MB files.

Actually 4 files but yes agreed not worth mentioning. ;)

I don't know much about stuff but if you look at the chart the right front motor hit 100%pwm in the middle of your flight and it hits it at the end too.

Id like @lolo780 's professional opinion. Look at the left front motor in the second and 3rd (zoomed in) pic the green dot is showing it to be maybe 100% and the readout on the bottom is showing 0%. Maybe means nothing but its odd he had a yaw issue at the end of the flight.

Capture14.PNG Capture15.PNG Capture16.PNG

I don't know much about stuff but if you look at the chart the right front motor hit 100%pwm in the middle of your flight and it hits it at the end too.

Id like @lolo780 's professional opinion. Look at the left front motor in the second and 3rd (zoomed in) pic the green dot is showing it to be maybe 100% and the readout on the bottom is showing 0%. Maybe means nothing but its odd he had a yaw issue at the end of the flight.

View attachment 39412 View attachment 39414 View attachment 39415
Could I have the .DATs for this? I'm thinking it's possible that this may be an artifact caused by how the .DATs were concatenated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard