DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro New Battery - Only LED #1 Flashing During Charge

seowashdc

Reactions
I also posted this over at the official DJI forum, but wanted to see if anyone's experienced this:

Well, this is curious...

I purchased a new DJI Mavic Pro battery earlier today from an authorized DJI retailer. When I opened the box and attached the battery to the DJI Mavic Pro battery charger, it did something weird I've never seen with any battery - LED 1 flashed several times, then did nothing.

I shot this video of the entire sequence, which is 1 minute:

20180714_122853.mp4

Next, I attached the charging cable directly to the new battery (removed the charging cable from the 4-station battery charger) and now what the battery does is this:
  • LED 1 flashes rapidly 16 times
  • Battery does nothing for 12 - 13 seconds
  • LED 1 flashes rapidly 16 times
So, it does that sequence now.

For grins and giggles, I attached to the drone, and tried the short press/long press. The battery is completely discharged. I plugged the battery back into the DJI charger, same sequence as above in the bullet points.

The battery and charger are cool to the touch, so I guess nothing's happening.

Thoughts? Bad battery out of the box? It's easy enough to return, but if there's something I can do, that would be great.

I bought it today at Best Buy. Over at the official DJI forum, one of the admins said the battery is bad. I'm on my way out the door to get a refund and/or another battery to try.

I already have 3 good batteries; just trying to add a 4th to increase my flying time. It's no big deal for me to drive 15 minutes to the store.

Thanks for the replies, and I'm hoping that if anyone else has this issue, they'll just box the darn thing up and get another one.

Cheers, thanks a lot,

I bought it today at Best Buy. Over at the official DJI forum, one of the admins said the battery is bad. I'm on my way out the door to get a refund and/or another battery to try.

I already have 3 good batteries; just trying to add a 4th to increase my flying time. It's no big deal for me to drive 15 minutes to the store.

Thanks for the replies, and I'm hoping that if anyone else has this issue, they'll just box the darn thing up and get another one.

Cheers, thanks a lot,
Sometimes big Box stores have batteries sitting around for months. That could kill the cells if they're not maintained.

I took it back to Best Buy, swapped it out for another one, and it's happily charging.

Hope this helps someone in the future!

That’s a bad battery. The red/amber light indicates theres a problem after charging. I have a dead battery after 17 charges. Now in fairness the battery is a year old and not used enough. I imagine these batteries that are sitting on shelves so long are draining to a point that causes damage to the cells.

There may be a problem with the self discharge feature. Not sure.

Place your battery in the Mavic (if there is enough charge) and check the difference of cell voltage. I bet that’s the problem with your battery.

There was absolutely zero voltage. The battery had no charge, and wouldn't charge. I returned it, got another, and that one works great.

That is why it's important to buy this stuff from a reputable store. I have a dead battery that I bought online last year and who knows who or where they are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout