DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro perpetually "Connecting"

P41N

Reactions
Hi all,

First of all let me say I think this quad is amazing, or was when it was working. I received it last week and all was well. Firmware updated before first use through the DJI Go 4 app on a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Everything set up and flying perfectly. I flew it twice the first day and then 3 times the next day. Fast forward to the third day and I haven't been able to fly properly since, no crashes or anything untoward at all has happened to the quad :(

Upon turning on the units and connecting as usual, the controller said, "Connecting" and the app which is seeing the controller says, "Aircraft Disconnected". As one would expect in this case the Mavic has a fast flashing yellow light. It works in WiFi mode and yes I have checked multiple times and switched between the Wifi and RC modes.

I have been through this entire forum, youtube etc. Issue remains.
Details of things tried:
1. Relinking via app/relinking via controller only (with button on mavic as well of course) - times out every time
2. Reset Factory settings on both units via DJI Assistant 2 and reinstall latest firmware on both units. Nil effect.
3. Connecting without phone, connecting with different cables
4. Different batteries all fully charged.
5. WiFi mode, works. Back to RC mode, nothing.

Would love some help on this as I'd hate to have to send it back for a replacement.

Pete

Well, you tried everything I would have suggested.... if you have Dji care, or refresh, you should send the drone back, but for me, the problem comes from the controller as WiFi mode works. If you don't have any insurance, buy a new controller. I hope it will get better and that I helped you. Keep me informed!!!! Good luck!

Even if you don't have refresh/DJI care, the drone is a week old. I'd contact DJI - they should replace controller under warranty. You may wait a few weeks for a new one...

Even if you don't have refresh/DJI care, the drone is a week old. I'd contact DJI - they should replace controller under warranty. You may wait a few weeks for a new one...

Just what Beach_dr said, and you might need to send in the drone and controller to DJI but maybe not send the battery. Its a warranty issue not refresh or care.

Yeah thanks for confirming what I was thinking folks. I've lodged a ticket. Hopefully they are prompt with help as it was very enjoyable flying this after flying my own home made quads for the last 7 years.

Hi all,

First of all let me say I think this quad is amazing, or was when it was working. I received it last week and all was well. Firmware updated before first use through the DJI Go 4 app on a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Everything set up and flying perfectly. I flew it twice the first day and then 3 times the next day. Fast forward to the third day and I haven't been able to fly properly since, no crashes or anything untoward at all has happened to the quad :(

Upon turning on and connecting as usual, the controller said, "Connecting" and the app which is seeing the controller says, "Aircraft Disconnected". As one would expect in this case the Mavic has a fast flashing yellow light. It works in WiFi mode and yes I have checked multiple times and switched between the Wifi and RC modes.

I have been through this entire forum, youtube etc. Issue remains.
Details of things tried:
1. Relinking via app/relinking via controller only (with button on mavic as well of course) - times out every time
2. Reset Factory settings on both units via DJI Assistant 2 and reinstall latest firmware on both units. Nil effect.
3. Connecting without phone, connecting with different cables
4. Different batteries all fully charged.
5. WiFi mode, works. Back to RC mode, nothing.

Would love some help on this as I'd hate to have to send it back for a replacement.

Pete

Hello P41N, I just read your thread and wanted to tell you that I am having (I think) the same issue with my 7" Galaxy TAB Elite that my wife bought for my Mavic flying. At first I was using my Huawei cell with no issues. I used the Galaxy Tab 3 or 4 times with no issues. I didn't use it for about a week. The next time I tried using it everything started up fine but then after 15 or 20 seconds I noticed this. The "Ready to go" would change to "No Signal" then back to "Ready to go". It continued doing this and hasn't stopped. So... for the time being I'm stuck with using my phone. I have posted a thread in Mavic Pro Help concerning my problem in hopes that someone, such as yourself has had the same issue and can tell us how to resolve this issue. Fingers Crossed!!

Last edited:
Alrighty, so a few days have passed. I told them everything I have tried in the support email. They replied with "please try following these instructions to connect". I did this even though I clearly stated I had already done it. Sent them back a response and a video of it.

Now 2 more days have passed with zero response. I'd love to get this thing up in the air soon...

I know it is a ridiculous long shot. Have you considered interference of some sort as the cause. I know wifi to your mobile device works, so it is probably not this.
I just envisiaged some obscure scenario where you have only been troubleshooting this in your house and something there is interfering and blocking the connection.

Hello P41N, I just read your thread and wanted to tell you that I am having (I think) the same issue with my 7" Galaxy TAB Elite that my wife bought for my Mavic flying. At first I was using my Huawei cell with no issues. I used the Galaxy Tab 3 or 4 times with no issues. I didn't use it for about a week. The next time I tried using it everything started up fine but then after 15 or 20 seconds I noticed this. The "Ready to go" would change to "No Signal" then back to "Ready to go". It continued doing this and hasn't stopped. So... for the time being I'm stuck with using my phone. I have posted a thread in Mavic Pro Help concerning my problem in hopes that someone, such as yourself has had the same issue and can tell us how to resolve this issue. Fingers Crossed!!

Okay guys.... Just to rule out a problem with the TAB Elite I have since then purchased a new Galaxy Tab "A". spec's are: Android 5.1 Lollipop, 1.3GHz Quad-Core processor, 1.5GB RAM, 8GB ROM, Wi-Fi, GPS. I loaded GO4 (V4.0.5) and enabled USB developer option. Still have the same issue as I did with the TAB E lite. Sporadically switching from ''Ready to Go (GPS)" then "No Signal" back and forth. Doesn't mater if it is in pre-flight or during flight. Get this though... during flight when it reports "No Signal" sometimes I still have live video transmission for at least a minute or so and then sometimes it will actually loose video transmission. ?????:( The RC remains solid and the Mavic is also fully operational. My cell phone which has not been updated to the latest app is a Huawei Raven (4.4 KitKat, 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM) runs flawless using app version 4.0.4 has no issues at all. Just updating my findings just in case anybody else is having the same problem. Thing is my Galaxy Tab E lite worked fine before I updated it to the latest GO4 app Version 4.0.5. Don't know if the latest app needs a more powerful processor, more RAM, etc.... I have updates disabled on my phone so it is safeThumbswayup.

Thanks for the update Ramjet and also thanks Logger for the input. One of the first things I considered, as I've had this issue before with older quad builds, however, taking it to the park and testing it didn't fix the issue.

Anyway long story short, DJI organised to pick it up and it went to the Melbourne service centre (which I didn't realise they had). A couple of days later, I just got an email saying they will be shipping a replacement Mavic Pro to me within a few more days! Pays off finding the issue early and not faffing around putting in the claim.

Here's hoping the new one doesn't have any issues when I get it :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato