DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum fell into the ocean, drone recovered.

Regardless of pilot error or not, if the drone touched salt water you will have to send in for repair. If you’re not under warranty or care refresh, consider ThunderDrones for repair. When my Mavic Pro was splashed LIGHTLY with salt water they were able to breathe life into it again.

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
I am curious about your recovery. Was the AC floating. I have read a number of posts where drones were lost over water, but I don’t remember hearing anything about whether they float or sink.

I am curious about your recovery. Was the AC floating. I have read a number of posts where drones were lost over water, but I don’t remember hearing anything about whether they float or sink.
here's your answer----- question? does a rock float ? answer yes you drone sank.

I am not savvy enough to read or understand every event in the logs posted.. Just thinking I have had something similar happen over land with my Mavic Pro that auto landed itself because it thought the battery was too low to return and it was only about 100' feet away.. was still running, lights on etc when I finally found it maybe 15-20 minutes later.. (In rough country, sagebrush etc.) been a while back, so don't know what the log file might have said. I believe it had controller connection the whole time. Just one of those WTF things..

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
Had a wave was over mine when tide came in quickly. It was immersed for maybe 2 secs. (M2pro). Even putting it in rice etc couldn't save it. Fortunately I had DJI insurance.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54