DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro/Pro Platinum Flight Control FW Defect

GrizzlyAK

Reactions
I've identified a flight control defect on the MP and MPP that I've worked with DJI on for the past 6 months. I posted this issue on this forum back in August 2018, but no one here was willing to do the test themselves, i.e., I got no response. I had better luck on the DJI forums.

Here's what I know thus far. The same issue existed on the initial MPP I bought, as well as the two NEW MPPs DJI sent me as replacements. Also, as the discussion on the DJI forum indicates, others have also now confirmed the issue in both the MPP and the MP. Some had noticed it, but thought it was them being heavy-handed on the controls, but it still ruined their footage. If you use your MPP for any real cinematic filming, you should be aware of this issue, as it could be costly. I've had one user test the MP2 and reported that it did not seem to exist on that platform. I've raised this issue to DJI as a complaint, and they are working it.

If anyone here is interested in what I'm talking about, you can read my original post here (ignore the last bit about the remote controller, we've ruled that out).

If anyone chooses to test their own and can verify the issue, please post it on the DJI forum here. They are monitoring that thread.