DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Quickshots.....

Ikopta

Reactions
Introduction of Quickshots are a little random and light on the instruction front.
Anyone know what the angle of flight should be? What height perimeters are in the software?

I crashed mine on my first attempt to use Dronie. The Mavic started moving only backwards in the beginning and didn't increase its altitude. The outcome was it crashed on the upper leaves of a tree. Even when I tried to manually increase its altitude by pushing left stick up it didn't respond, that's how they designed it.

I crashed mine on my first attempt to use Dronie. The Mavic started moving only backwards in the beginning and didn't increase its altitude. The outcome was it crashed on the upper leaves of a tree. Even when I tried to manually increase its altitude by pushing left stick up it didn't respond, that's how they designed it.

The only way out is to press Stop/Pause or move the left lever Down, all these three options give the same result. Lever up is totally ignored during Dronie

The only way out is to press Stop/Pause or move the left lever Down, all these three options give the same result. Lever up is totally ignored during Dronie
What you say is correct. I really don't see a reasonable explanation why lever UP not be functional during a Dronie movement. I think DJI needs to look into this.

Reactions: k3vnnyork
What you say is correct. I really don't see a reasonable explanation why lever UP not be functional during a Dronie movement. I think DJI needs to look into this.

I agree, in a situation like the one you described, pushing the left lever up is the most spontaneous reaction

What needed to be done w/ this new flight modes is DJI to give operators setup parameters.
This way we know more or less what the MP will do when we use this new flight modes.
JMHO.

Reactions: peros550
Watch the spark promo videos, they show them in action. Just a couple of automated video trajectories.

Reactions: SeaMav
I tried quickshots for the first time this evening. Running Ipad Air 2 IOS 11. I saw a video where when the guy hit the dronie button the next function was to put in the distance. Maybe the person was running android. It blows my mind that DJI does all these safety features then puts out a function where the pilot has no control over what is going to happen. I got lucky and hit the down throttle and it stopped. I think that it will also stop and move forward if you push the right stick up.

I just saw a video on the quickshots. To tell the Mavic the distance that you want it to go just hit the icon you are using again and a distance slider will come up.
I haven't tried it yet but I will soon.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Yes. Found out by accident about hitting the icon again to reveal the sliders. The default should rise as it moves away, so not sure why you had a problem.

Position the Mavic at the starting distance and height above ground you want for starting point. Adjust camera angle down to centre yourself, the set speed and distance. It will then fly whatever angle is necessary to keep you in centre of frame.

Your red box issue in your vid is a simple lack of constrast, your standing in front of a very confusing background.

It will then fly whatever angle is necessary to keep you in centre of frame.
So the angle that it flies away is based on the angle of the gimbal at the start? I did not know this. I'll have to experiment with it.

I tried the "Quick Shot" mode once! All three options are basically useless for a pilot with experence. None of the options are hard to do with regular movement of the control sticks. All it takes to do these manuvers is some practice,and by using the "Quick Shot Mode" you will never learn how to do them. One example of the MOST useless mode, is "Rocket Mode"! If you can hover above yourself,with the camera in the down position,you simply apply throttle,and your a "Rocket Man"! LOL! I wish DJI would spend more time developing a better battery,for more flight time,and less time spent on useless modes.

I tried the "Quick Shot" mode once! All three options are basically useless for a pilot with experence. None of the options are hard to do with regular movement of the control sticks. All it takes to do these manuvers is some practice,and by using the "Quick Shot Mode" you will never learn how to do them. One example of the MOST useless mode, is "Rocket Mode"! If you can hover above yourself,with the camera in the down position,you simply apply throttle,and your a "Rocket Man"! LOL! I wish DJI would spend more time developing a better battery,for more flight time,and less time spent on useless modes.

I'm thinking that they can walk and chew gum at the same time. Besides, I'm sure that they are two totally different departments within the very large DJI corporate structure. Lastly, there was an absolute CLAMOR for the quick shots to be brought to the Mavic after they were introduced in the Spark. Some of you guys will complain that your ice cream is too cold or your water is too wet! Yeesh.

I tried the "Quick Shot" mode once! All three options are basically useless for a pilot with experence. None of the options are hard to do with regular movement of the control sticks..
I'd love to see an example of a manual Helix flight with the subject moving at the same time. Heck, even with a stationary subject that move would be extremely difficult.

Reactions: Vilco
Ya, I can agree the quick shots thing is finicky. It either is a work in progress, or just too buggy. Too bad, I'd like to be able to do some circle shots automatically, rather than the manual ones, which I have gotten pretty good doing.

I tried the "Quick Shot" mode once! All three options are basically useless for a pilot with experence. None of the options are hard to do with regular movement of the control sticks.
Personally, I think they are a great addition for times when you want a shot of yourself in your environment where you aren't looking down focused on the remote controller.

Reactions: Owen Manderfield
Personally, I think they are a great addition for times when you want a shot of yourself in your environment where you aren't looking down focused on the remote controller.

Exactly! There are a lot of these on my 3DR Solo and they come in handy on occasion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580