DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Remote controller not turning off

DelsMavic

Reactions
I took delivery of the Mavic Pro on Thursday last week and proceeded to charge all the batteries.

When I tried to turn on the Remote Controller the first time round on Friday it would not switch on notwithstanding pressing the “ON” button once and then pressing it a second time holding it down for about 4 seconds. Repeated attempts failed. Eventually after a number of further attempts and holding the "ON/OFF" button down for about 15 seconds it did turn on.

I then did a little bit of flying and landed the Mavic Pro. Turned the aircraft off by pressing the battery button once and then again, holding it down for a further four or five seconds. But try as I might I could not switch off the Mavic Pro Remote controller. Pressing the “On” button a second time and holding this down for 30 seconds had no impact. The remote controller simply gave the message that it was connecting. Eventually after about 10 minutes it shut itself down but in the process chewed up quite a bit of the Remote controller battery.

I have since turned on the system twice again and, while the remote controller now switches on OK it still does not switch off. I have to leave it for about 8 minutes and then it starts beeping for two minutes before shutting itself down. In the process a considerable amount of battery power is consumed.

Any advice on how to remedy this?

You're likely getting the timing wrong on the first short press. The duration of the long press doesn't matter, if you don't see the battery lights "swipe" straight away then you got the first press wrong.
The allowed timing of the first press is a bit different on the remote than on the aircraft, has to be quite short.

You need to wait about a 1/2 second between pressing the power button the second time. If you don't do it just right, the remote controller will not detect the second press.

When pressing the button the second time, hold it until you hear the BEEP-BEEP-BEEP tone. If you don't hear that tone within a few seconds, you either pressed the button a second time too quickly or too slowly.

Problem has been solved. The time between the first press of the ON/OFF button and the second press of the button needs to be quick, much quicker than what I was used to on the Phantom 3 drone

You're likely getting the timing wrong on the first short press. The duration of the long press doesn't matter, if you don't see the battery lights "swipe" straight away then you got the first press wrong.
The allowed timing of the first press is a bit different on the remote than on the aircraft, has to be quite short.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply - appreciate it. I in the meantime by accident stumbled on this feature too. The time gap between the first and second press needs to be quick.

You need to wait about a 1/2 second between pressing the power button the second time. If you don't do it just right, the remote controller will not detect the second press.

When pressing the button the second time, hold it until you hear the BEEP-BEEP-BEEP tone. If you don't hear that tone within a few seconds, you either pressed the button a second time too quickly or too slowly.

Thank you for your reply. I in the meantime also stumbled on the fact that the time delay between the first press and the second press needs to be quite quick - much quicker than what I was used to with the Phantom 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness