DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro saves Parrot Mambo from roof!

JL337

Reactions
I thought I would share how I saved my son's parrot mambo from the neighbors roof. I just wish I would have hit the record button but I was pretty upset my son didn't listen about flying over the neighbors house and it some how landed on their roof.[emoji36]

I wrapped a string around the body of the mavic and used a bungee cord and tied it to the string. This was the most nerve wracking flight I had since my very first time flying a drone.

Let's just say this was actually easier than the claw game at the arcade.[emoji1] [emoji1] If the prop guards wouldn't have been on his mambo it would made this way more difficult. It took me 6 minutes according to the flight record.[emoji106]20180809_195945.jpeg20180809_195955.jpeg

Darn it..... Your going to have to do it again, and record it this time!!
Missed chance at a good video I say! :D

Reactions: Rockisy and JL337
You are very brave, I personally wouldn't do it. Thinking myself that I can crash a $1000 drone to save a $150 dollar drone.

Great job , wish we had a video . I just made popcorn [emoji41]

You are very brave, I personally wouldn't do it. Thinking myself that I can crash a $1000 drone to save a $150 dollar drone.
I probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't have insurance on the mavic. If it's lost damaged or stolen I get my money back. Plus I got to test my skills.

Thank your for sharing.!
We need more stories similar to this on the forum.....cR

Reactions: JL337
I used to have a Parrot Mambo. Six days of ownership taught me that it's an inside drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut