DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Specific Drone causes crashes in premiere

foulerfire

Reactions
Hoping someone here can help me with an issue that has been plaguing my workplace. We have a few mavic pros that my work uses for shooting real estate, and they all work fine when bringing footage in to premiere except for one Pro. One clip from this drone on every shoot causes premiere to either crash out while editing it, or it refuses to export if it is part of the sequence.

Has anyone had experience with something like this before? The weird part is, its not always the first clip, it seems to be completely random.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hoping someone here can help me with an issue that has been plaguing my workplace. We have a few mavic pros that my work uses for shooting real estate, and they all work fine when bringing footage in to premiere except for one Pro. One clip from this drone on every shoot causes premiere to either crash out while editing it, or it refuses to export if it is part of the sequence.

Has anyone had experience with something like this before? The weird part is, its not always the first clip, it seems to be completely random.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
That’s weird. It almost sounds like an issue with Premier Pro.

Try this. I assume you have Adobe CC and so you can download Prelude CC which you can use to transcode you’re footage before bringing into Premier Pro. I know it sucks to transcode but at least if that fixes the issue you’ll know it has something to do with the codec.

I would refresh the firmware on thatdrone as well

That’s weird. It almost sounds like an issue with Premier Pro.

Try this. I assume you have Adobe CC and so you can download Prelude CC which you can use to transcode you’re footage before bringing into Premier Pro. I know it sucks to transcode but at least if that fixes the issue you’ll know it has something to do with the codec.

I would refresh the firmware on thatdrone as well
Appreciate the advice, I'll download prelude and see if that works, will also tell him to reset the firmware on his drone.

Thanks for the help, will post if it fixes the issue!

Have you confirmed that the video settings on the errant MP are the same as on the others?

Yep, the exact same settings as all of the other drones :(

Not only for restoring full capacity but to correct errors overlooked by normal Windows formatting.
Professional photographers swear by it and solved an issue I had with a sports cam:

We use Premier Pro to edit other video for a television program. We ran into a similar problem with different video formats it would lose the time code. As of this time we have not been able to figure out the problem neither has Adobe.
Are you shooting the same video format on all the drones? If not this could be the problem. Sorry I can’t offer more advice , but we have a similar problem with Premier Pro.

Are you sure all the settings are identical? Using any setting that encodes with the h.265 codec are known for causing problems on either Mac or windows with out of date software or old hardware. What is the configuration of your computer system, and what codec is being used in the file that causes the problem?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_