DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro took-off without given command and crashed :(

Well the FLY020 has 170mb, can't upload that size at the moment :(
I checked it and it does not have much data (motor status 0 all the time), the date is 19.FEB.2018, while the crash occured on 01.MAY.2018.

Guess I'm quite hopeless right now :(

What data is in the BLACK BOX?

Reactions: Opabob
I still don't understand why there is only few FLYnnn.DAT files in my aircraft, since i performed 117 fligths (as per DJI GO).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-05-23-43-01.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-05-23-43-01.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 99
You didn’t have a cat that decided to nudge the joystick then bolt off when the drone started revving, do you?
Leaving RC and AC unattended with props spinning is a big no no.

You didn’t have a cat that decided to nudge the joystick then bolt off when the drone started revving, do you?
Leaving RC and AC unattended with props spinning is a big no no.
No cat. It wasn't unattended.
I whish I was half smart as You are Mr. Perfect.

The first part was spoken in jest. I should’ve put a smiley face.
Second part was a general comment. When you put the RC down, if AC start to behave strangely, you won’t have enough time to take control.
Not sure what exactly you were trying to do with the battery for storage. Battery should be stored around 40-60%. Did you fully charge, then decide to discharge to that mark? Or you plan to fully discharge then fully charge to store? Cos that’s bad for the battery. If it was already discharged, then you would’ve just charge until the second led is lit and stop charging.

Reactions: genesimmons
As I already said - Yes, I have made some bad choices.
My main concern is why did the AC took-off without any given command - who would expect that?
Why there is no fly data about it?
Will it do again?
After I get answers on this questions, I'm willing to make jokes about it as well.

they dont idle, it will take off to about 3ft then idle, it wont idle sittinng on the ground, if u wanted to discharge u maybe should have taken off the props in case,,,,, when i work on mine indoors i take them off u never know when a glitch will happen with weird interfience
It will idle. Start the motors, in my case, both sticks down and together, then just move the left stick to its rest position (mode 2). The Mavic will sit idling until you give it another command. You need to make sure you know what’s going on with the remote as whoever is holding it is in command of the aircraft.

Well the FLY020 has 170mb, can't upload that size at the moment :(
I checked it and it does not have much data (motor status 0 all the time), the date is 19.FEB.2018, while the crash occured on 01.MAY.2018.

Guess I'm quite hopeless right now :(

What data is in the BLACK BOX?
I'm afraid it is hopeless like you said. But, if it's any consolation it's not your fault.:).

1) There's nothing useful in the BlackBox data.

2)There is a limited amount of space for the FLYnnn.DAT files It would seem that in your case that limitation was reached at about FLY021.DAT.

3) A possibly useful .DAT could have been retrieved from the tablet if the Go App had been running.

My advice? Pretend it never happened. You could take some of the precautionary measures listed above. Or not. I've run my motors several times inside. Don't think I've done that without the Go App running though.

It will idle. Start the motors, in my case, both sticks down and together, then just move the left stick to its rest position (mode 2). The Mavic will sit idling until you give it another command. You need to make sure you know what’s going on with the remote as whoever is holding it is in command of the aircraft.
wow i did not know this, i will try this ,,,,,outside of course haha, thanx for the info

Well, I guess that's it... thanks everybody for their input.
As @BudWalker said, I'll try to pretend it never happen.
First I need to do some repairs... CAMERA.JPG GIMBAL.JPG HOUSING.JPG PROPS.JPG

Whenever I can't fly for more than 3 weeks I manually discharge the batteries to fully charge them - this is supposed to increase their life-span.
It's pointless since they auto-discharge for that very reason.

they dont idle, it will take off to about 3ft then idle, it wont idle sittinng on the ground, if u wanted to discharge u maybe should have taken off the props in case,,,,, when i work on mine indoors i take them off u never know when a glitch will happen with weird interfience

They idle sitting in the ground no problem at all for any amount of time. I have discharged many batteries this way.

i have never heard of that method,,,,, i discharge mine by going for a flight till they are at about 10%.. learn some thing new every day haaha. i have only ever used the fly to 3 ft method to take off, gonna try this today, nice day for flight,,,, or 2 haha

OK, I was not aware that this batteries might have some built-in discharging function.
Even if it does, you can't be wrong by doing it "old school".... unless some glitch happens and Your AC decides to go for a ride on its own :(

Reactions: Prado man
Sounds like the fault is shared between the user and DJI.

DJI's potential mistakes:

1) More likely version: the signal was lost for whatever reason and that triggered a 'return to home'. But RTH should check if the craft is in idle, already flying or not. If it hasn't flown since the last landing or power-on, it shouldn't RTH.

2) Less likely version: some signal came in with a throttle command. AFAIK communication is not analogue, the crafts have their unique ID and you need to pair the controller to teach it this ID. So this shouldn't have happened, either.

OP's definite mistake:

Leaving the props on while indoors. There's no need for that. Do you have the care package? Or do you need to pay for repair or a replacement?

Might be time to check out some balsa wood gliders. Or, some better story telling skills.

I’ve idled on the ground for long periods of time inside and out. If you or your pet didn’t touch the RC it highly unlikely that the craft suddenly accelerated and took off.

Hi to all... as many others, I'm here to seek help regarding my Mavic Pro :(

My guess is that you must have pushed up on the thrust, maybe whilst holding down the Mavic, to help speed up the discharge which will have made the Mavic think it was in flight.

When you released the throttle and left it to idle, it thought it was still in flight. Over time, with an increase in barometric pressure it will have increased throttle to maintain altitude and thus, started to take off.

I have first hand experience of this as it happened to me a while ago whilst running the Mavic indoors to discharge the battery.

Fortunately I heard the change in pitch from the motors and pushed the Mavic back down in time to prevent a crash. The Mavic props did give my fingertips a nasty sting!

Reactions: Almanzor
I have heard about people having issues with spinning motors when the battery gets to critical low, the craft goes into return to home mode. Only hearsay mind you, but something to watch out for, esp indoors.

Reactions: radman
Unfortunate thing to happen, but good to know that it's possible. I've run indoors for testing (P3P, MP, P4A+) and never had this issue. Wouldn't have thought it would/could happen, though, either.

Reactions: Prado man
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne