DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro took-off without given command and crashed :(

Just a couple thoughts... I fly my drone indoors for real estate photography in open concept house. Always use cage prop guards, always use dji app ( sometimes only the app in WiFi mode), always check to make sure your low battery setting is on land, and loss of connection is set to Hoover. Sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, after loosing my first drone in the Gulf of Mexico with my GoPro attached. Hope you’re up and flying again soon!

u238
Let us know how DJI takes care of you.
Not sure why regardless of the situation there is always a few posters who have a knee jerk reaction to critique someone simply looking for advise.

I'm telling You guys, the MP took of on it's own.
The best possible scenario so far is by @FlyPro-UK:
...When you released the throttle and left it to idle, it thought it was still in flight. Over time, with an increase in barometric pressure it will have increased throttle to maintain altitude and thus, started to take off.
The thing is that the space where I was operating the MP on the floor was a "CABLE TRUNK" on-board a ship.
Within this cable trunk (essentially a room with many cables and ventilation ducts passing trough), there is a slightly higher barometric pressure.
It is a possible scenario that the MP decided to take-off once the door closed and air pressure within built up.
But once again - IT WAS FIRMLY IDLING ON THE GROUND, NO EXTRA THROTTLE INPUT.20180512_102619.JPG

The other side of the medal is that:
  • I'm from Croatia
  • I bought MP in USA while returning from a trip, back in DEC '17
  • I don't have DJI care / care refresh...
  • I'll disembark from the ship by end of JUNE
  • I didn't use the DJI GO App & SMARTPHONE since I was convinced that the flight data is stored on the AC itself
  • After checking the DAT files..... I have no proof about what happen
  • I contacted DJI, but all I'm getting from them as some template replies :(
  • To send the MP to DJI for diagnostics and repair (remember, from CROATIA) would be a waste of time and money...
  • Being a mechanical engineer - I decided to tackle the problem myself
  • Gibmal ribbon cable and gimbal vibration plate already ordered trough ebay :)

As I said - I had no intention to fly.
The idea was just to idle the motors in order to discharge batteries.
These batteries discharge them selves! I have left mine several times, only to come back and find they are discharged!

I totally agree it was i bad idea to do it the way I did it.
Unfortunately, now it's to late.. I can only learn from my mistakes by understanding what really happen - that's why I joined this forum ;)

Whenever I can't fly for more than 3 weeks I manually discharge the batteries to fully charge them - this is supposed to increase their life-span.

I was never found of auto take-off and auto-landing, therefore since the very beginning I was manually starting the motors and than give the "UP" command to take-off. Same way for landing and I never had any issues with it.

I did contact DJI, but there is no reasonable person I managed to talk-to.

@msinger, I'll try this with the TXT doc.
Incorrect info, the MP battery automatically discharges itself if left for that amount of time

I'm telling You guys, the MP took of on it's own.
The best possible scenario so far is by @FlyPro-UK:

The thing is that the space where I was operating the MP on the floor was a "CABLE TRUNK" on-board a ship.
Within this cable trunk (essentially a room with many cables and ventilation ducts passing trough), there is a slightly higher barometric pressure.
It is a possible scenario that the MP decided to take-off once the door closed and air pressure within built up.
But once again - IT WAS FIRMLY IDLING ON THE GROUND, NO EXTRA THROTTLE INPUT.View attachment 37781

That scenario almost seems possible, but I have my doubts. Did you give the aircraft increased throttle while restraining it? The scenario only works if the FC had registered a takeoff.

flying indoors is just bad idea, it could have had interfeiernce and confised the gps, i have done work on mine indoors and i constantly get errors, no way i would attempt to fly inside
He said in his first post that he wasn't flying indoors. He was idling to discharge batteries.

they dont idle, it will take off to about 3ft then idle, it wont idle sittinng on the ground, if u wanted to discharge u maybe should have taken off the props in case,,,,, when i work on mine indoors i take them off u never know when a glitch will happen with weird interfience
Ummm no. Where did you get that idea? I've started motors to idle indoors many, many times

I had something happen yesterday. I was beginning a video to verify the MP's qualification for Extended "warranty". I was outdoors but decided to remove the props so I could handle the Mavic due to the nature of the video requirements.
I started the motors as required and all was well, motors idled as usual
I went to adjust the position of the Mav., picking it up,at which point the motors revved without any control input.
It was as though The Bird sensed the slight altitude gain as was compensating to maintain its position?
Any thoughts?

For indoor flights RTH, off.
Although you were not flying, when detecting low battery, go to know why, decided to do an RTH and then your takeoff, at some time happened to me with a PH3P but on the outside and hand control abort the takeoff.
Take it as learning what happened, greetings

Ummm no. Where did you get that idea? I've started motors to idle indoors many, many times
i had no idea the mav could start the motors and idle,with out actually lifting off, i didnt know this and still kinda confused as to why u woud need to do this,if i am starting the motors kinda means i want to flyyyyyy

He said in his first post that he wasn't flying indoors. He was idling to discharge batteries.
props on indoors idling or taking off isnt a great idea, i get interfierence warniings all the time, not a great idea, but to each thier own i suppose

i had no idea the mav could start the motors and idle,with out actually lifting off, i didnt know this and still kinda confused as to why u woud need to do this,if i am starting the motors kinda means i want to flyyyyyy

If you start the motors with the standard CSC then they will go to idle. It's not going to take off until throttle (preferably full throttle) is applied or the take off button is pressed. The reason is that it is waiting for the pilot to perform takeoff, which I would say is a good thing.

If you start the motors with the standard CSC then they will go to idle. It's not going to take off until throttle (preferably full throttle) is applied or the take off button is pressed. The reason is that it is waiting for the pilot to perform takeoff, which I would say is a good thing.
i suppose, i have never taken off that way, seems more time consuming and more buttons to push than the simple push the take off button to me, i suppose it could be useful for someting

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne