DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro took-off without given command and crashed :(

There’s another possible scenario that might caused this. The drone was inside a ship, in a closed environment. When someone opens and closes an exit door, the air inside gets displaced and cause the barometric pressure to change momentarily. So, if someone went outside, and the door shuts (inwards), pressure inside would increase, and the drone thinks it was falling, and so rev’d the motors.

I don't think so. The primary IMU data for aircraft motion are the accelerometers, and those are not going to be affected by air pressure. They will certainly respond to vertical motion of the ship though.

Reactions: u238
OK. I thought it lifted off and hit the ceiling. It would mean the ship would've moved up a bit with the wave before moving down. e.g If a wave went past the ship, and the ship went up 0.5m and then down 0.5m, the drone would be hovering around 1m before the ship levels and it remains about 0.5m above where it was idling. And the rise/lower would be at the speed of a wave.

You need to start reading at page 1 Chazz!!!

No I understand that he wasn’t trying to fly, I just wonder if this is possible when idling, and you hit set point on your battery for RTH,,

No I understand that he wasn’t trying to fly, I just wonder if this is possible when idling, and you hit set point on your battery for RTH,,
No mate not really as the AC knows that it is on the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan