DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro vs Mavic 2 Pro

ifsteve

Reactions
I currently have a Phantom P4 and am perfectly happy with it. However, I am going overseas fishing next spring and really want to take a drone with me to film some of our fishing while we wade the flats. There is simply no possible way to take my P4. I will have very strict weight restrictions on my baggage on the charter flight to our out island and the P4 and all the extras is just physically too big and too heavy and there is NO WAY I am cutting down on my fishing equipment. That is just not an option.

So if I decide (and that is a huge if) that I really do want to take a drone then I have narrowed it down to either a Mavic Pro or a Mavic 2 Pro. Having a hard time deciding but am leaning toward the Mavic Pro as the extra dollars to get the 2 just doesn't seem warranted for my use. I am not any kind of photo/video pro and just want to get some quality memories. Seems like the camera in the Mavic is plenty awesome and going up to the Hasslebad camera in the 2 just an extra expense I won't fully appreciate.

Thoughts?

I currently have a Phantom P4 and am perfectly happy with it. However, I am going overseas fishing next spring and really want to take a drone with me to film some of our fishing while we wade the flats. There is simply no possible way to take my P4. I will have very strict weight restrictions on my baggage on the charter flight to our out island and the P4 and all the extras is just physically too big and too heavy and there is NO WAY I am cutting down on my fishing equipment. That is just not an option.

So if I decide (and that is a huge if) that I really do want to take a drone then I have narrowed it down to either a Mavic Pro or a Mavic 2 Pro. Having a hard time deciding but am leaning toward the Mavic Pro as the extra dollars to get the 2 just doesn't seem warranted for my use. I am not any kind of photo/video pro and just want to get some quality memories. Seems like the camera in the Mavic is plenty awesome and going up to the Hasslebad camera in the 2 just an extra expense I won't fully appreciate.

Thoughts?
Buy the mavic air instead then. You can get the fly more which is the equivalent of one Mavic pro. Actually under. And have extra batts and money for anymore accessories you might need. I own the Mavic air and P4P V2.

Ok to clarify, IF I decide to buy a different drone then I would be selling the P4 if that makes any difference in any suggestions.

I get what you are saying, about whether the extra price for the better image is worth it, (which I think it is), but consider some other things:

Improvements in design, flight time, noise, obstacle avoidance, and improved firmware, software, and intelligent flight algorithms, and longer future support.

The M2P is going to be closer to giving you the quality and performance you are used to. Going with the MP, while still an excellent aircraft, might be a step back in capabilities, while choosing the M2P, would not be a compromise. In fact when weighing the convenience factor you would be well ahead.

Yes, IMO, it is worth the bit extra you will pay over the MP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000