DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic starts, goes higher and higher --> crash

Alpin3Pilot

Reactions
Problem?
Mavic starts, goes up and up.... after around 10-20 meters altitude the pilot pressed throttle down. The mavic turned off....
Was unit in a crash?

What have you tried so far?
The Pilot had this before, then the pilot had to change a arm, and it was enough for one flight. When the pilot started the second battery it happend again. (the pilot landet the first battery secure in his hand, no dirt)

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? IPhone newest DJI GO App

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? V01.04.0300 , controller i guess newest

What Go app version are you using? DJI GO 4 4.3.10 IOS

Any modification?
(if so what) SuperDJI Patcher and in the APP the pilot forced FCC

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) Changing DJI GO 4 with Flex3 Jailbreak Tweak

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) nope, bcs we thought it works...

The Setup with SuperDJI Patcher and Patched App worked perfect. We had no problems and did around 50 Flights without problems.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-09-09_[18-08-24].txt
    61.5 KB · Views: 7
Just Re calibrate the sensors with DJI Assistant 2 asap!

I had similar happen but all fixed with calibration.

Just Re calibrate the sensors with DJI Assistant 2 asap!

I had similar happen but all fixed with calibration.
Thank you! My next fly is tomorrow and i gonna recalibrate all as you said. Then i test 3 Batteries and give you feedback!
Ps: my drone was also in repair at dji, but they said physical damage so no warranty. They wanted to replace the broken arm, another arm which looks perfect and as always the famous gimbal^^
i got the drone back, repaired the arm myself and it looked perfect in the testflight.

I am not sure that re calibrating the sensors is enough, the IMU altitude readings seem off and there is also a deviation on your battery. I do not have enough experience to say what all this means.Alpin3Pilot.jpg

Mavic starts, goes up and up.... after around 10-20 meters altitude the pilot pressed throttle down. The mavic turned off....
Here's what your flight data really looks like:

You took the Mavic up to 6.2 metres above the ground and hovered there until 0:28.1 when you pulled the left stick downwards until 0:32.8.
This brought the Mavic down to 1.8 metres above the ground, where you left it hovering until 0:48.6 when you pulled the left stick down again, which brought the drone to the ground without any crash evident in the data.
Are you sure this is the right flight?
There's also no sign of any problem with sensors or a problem with the battery cells.

Yes it's 100% the right flight. The first battery went fine. Second one was fresh with 100%. You can see that we started with 100% battery... As we said, the drone started and went higher and higher, and moved with the wind a bit to the site (as recorded). But then when we turned down the throttle, he turned off and yeah.... Luckily this time no broken arm... 4 weeks ago the arm was broken and the mavic didnt write even a log...

Basically nothing looks right .

Just before full-throttle-down was applied, the barometer indicated that the height of the craft was zero and the sonar indicated 1.6 meter. But it was actually 10~ 20 m up ?

After full-throttle-down was applied, the sonar height dropped from 1.6 m to 0.1 m in just 0.1 second. This is the speed of free fall, not controlled descent.

The craft was still in flying state when the motor stopped so it was not a normal motor shut down after landing.

If you can post the .DAT file, may be more insight can be obtained.

1599834588446.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BudWalker
actually 10~ 20 m up ? - YES- maybe also 5-6m
Where can i find the .dat file? I have a jailbroken IOS device

Basically nothing looks right .

Just before full-throttle-down was applied, the barometer indicated that the height of the craft was zero and the sonar indicated 1.6 meter. But it was

After full-throttle-down was applied, the sonar height dropped from 1.6 m to 0.1 m in just 0.1 second. This is the speed of free fall, not controlled descent.

The craft was still in flying state when the motor stopped so it was not a normal motor shut down after landing.

If you can post the .DAT file, may be more insight can be obtained.

View attachment 112823

Update: We tested today 3 batteries and many starts and all fine. Of course we had a kind of catching net under the drone for emergency situations...
After all calibration as you guys said we have one problem... The app shows vision system error a00000... I tried twice the calibration...But i could fly today... Even far, tested all smart functions and tracking... all perfect
Just hard to trust this drone when such things happen...

Reactions: Gorm
AirData says the flight was 18:08, so here is the .dat file from 18:06

Attachments

• 2020-09-09_18-06-55_FLY143.DAT
    7.6 MB · Views: 2
The .DAT file indicates that motor shut down was due to completion of landing
1599885307402.png

The GPS indicated that the drone has descended back to the altitude of the takeoff ( 41.3 m above mean sea level ) when the motors were turned off. If the craft has fallen by 6 ~ 8 meters with the motors off as reported, the Z-axis accelerometer would have measured a rather high shock of at least several G but it is not seen in the data. That means the drone just landed normally.

Capture2.JPG

The .DAT file shows that there have been 8 takeoffs and landings before the drone or the APP was turned off and you have reported problems for the first flight. Did you encounter the same problem in the other flights that followed ?

1599885750264.png

Last edited:
The .DAT file indicates that motor shut down was due to completion of landing
View attachment 112854

The GPS indicated that the drone has descended back to the altitude of the takeoff ( 41.3 m above mean sea level ) when the motors were turned off. If the craft has fallen by 6 ~ 8 meters with the motors off as reported, the Z-axis accelerometer would have measured a rather high shock of at least several G but it is not seen in the data. That means the drone just landed normally.

View attachment 112855

The .DAT file shows that there have been 8 takeoffs and landings before the drone or the APP was turned off and you have reported problems for the first flight. Did you encounter the same problem in the other flights that followed ?

View attachment 112856
It was the second flight of the day. But i restarted everything after the first flight so idk if its here...
The drone started went home and i could not control it... when i took the throttle down he turned off... (Because i guess the drone thought its still on the ground)
The drone felt for min 5meters and landed flipped on the back on all 4 arms, so nothing got broken this time

I have today my next flight with 3 batteries and let's see what happends today

Mabye also good to now, after the crash i turned directly all off.. i took the drone and turned of everything and removed the battery for cleaing the dust

The Day where the problem happend i had 2 batteries:
1. Batterie: 1 Takeoff and all fine
2. Batterie: first Takeoff the crash afterwards many takeoffs and all fine

The next smaller number is 138 and there my app did 2 files
Then the wrong file is posted. The .DAT file should end with FLY142 or smaller numbers.
I just have

Attachments

• 2020-09-09_16-54-30_FLY138.DAT
    270.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020-09-09_16-53-54_FLY138.DAT
    64.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
here are 3 more, but i guess this are the files from the first battery.. lets see
But the time is around 19:XX, we where home, maybe we played at home around and tested but weird that the flight number is smaller

Attachments

• 2020-07-13_19-02-32_FLY118.DAT
    533.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020-09-07_19-09-15_FLY127.DAT
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 2020-09-07_19-18-48_FLY128.DAT
    323.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics