DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic top speed ??

Sevier456

Reactions
So ive had the mavic for a few months could only go about 21-23 mph in sports mode.
Today I turned off all my sensors and the mavic was hitting 30-33 mph.

Has anyone experienced this or has anyone know about this ??

Front sensors "on". 20-24mph

Front sensors "off". 30+ easy

That is expected behavior, speed is limited to ~22mph with OA on. It needs to have enough time to stop when an obstacle is detected, and the pitch has to be low enough that the sensors can see.

Sport mode disables OA, I'm surprised (and slightly skeptical) you had to switch it off manually. Are you sure you had multiple modes enabled before you flipped the RC to sport mode?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
69km/hr (40mph) with just a little tailwind :)
Will have to give it a burl when it's higher one day.

I have had mine in normal mode in higher wind at lower level in open terrain (park oval) and actually hardly be able to make headway into the wind, HAD to switch to sports mode to move at a reasonable recovery speed.

Sport mode disables OA, I'm surprised (and slightly skeptical) you had to switch it off manually. Are you sure you had multiple modes enabled before you flipped the RC to sport mode?

You have to enable multiple modes to put the sport mode on

You can fly in P mode with OA disabled, and it will increase speed. It won't hit Sport mode speeds, but it'll be faster than with OA active.

Personal top speed is about 55mph (88km/h), I've seen others that have put it into ATTI mode and done over 70mp/h (112km/h) with a strong wind.

Reactions: oni727
Selecting Sports Mode with the switch on the right hand side disables OA sensors and should give you around 60kph or so.

Well duh, that's what I'm saying.. He may have thought he was in sport mode but never was.

Yeah but you know you can’t think you’re in sport mode if you aren’t ! This is just another drone ! Just the noise !!!

With every update I have to re turn on multiple flight modes. If you don't have it enabled even in sport mode it is still in P mode.

This. If you don't see Sport Mode flash across the screen, you aren't in it, regardless of the switch position on the RC.

Thanks guys I always have had the switch up but never looked into the app to activate multiple spots mode ..

I will try the difference my multiple fly modes was never activated

Thanks again everyone

Thanks guys I always have had the switch up but never looked into the app to activate multiple spots mode ..

I will try the difference my multiple fly modes was never activated

Thanks again everyone

So the bird ALWAYS takes off is GPS mode even if the switch it on the sport setting.

Once you take off slide it up and down and up again!

Reactions: Frank Castle
Easily get over 100km/h in sport, but not on standard firmware

Reactions: xedder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78