DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 smart controller....

I should receive mine tomorrow. Can't wait. There was an unexpected delay when packaged arrived in FedEx Memphis. Something about shipping size and manufacturer code. Delay lasted one day. Looking forward to hearing what others think and sharing my thoughts soon.

Reactions: DavidNDC
anyone can explain what function for this button ??? thanks.

Attachments

• SDFADFAQSWDQW.png
    SDFADFAQSWDQW.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 31
anyone can explain what function for this button ??? thanks.

It puts the remote into linking mode so you can link it to another aircraft.
If you followed the start up UI when first powered on it is put into linking for you. If you want to link to another Mavic 2 then you use this button and then press the linking button on the aircraft.

Clue is in the name :)

What kinda case r u using ?

“RLSOCO”? I think I got it on Amazon...
0ecb38cb7871d37b882559e1bedab178.jpg
b9e4ecc5a28a32dca08505f6fa9c0329.jpg
1980052c872dfd1a1932f72f32a90d3f.jpg

yep, i also got mine, and so far went only as far as to connect to my wifi and enter my dji account data and then it gave me error 400 refusing to activate it.
so i plugged it into the dji assistant and now run a firmware update. hmm.

so, the fun begins, apparently. no matter what i try - firmware updated now - it says 'activation failed. server error (400)' contact dji support. ****.

hmm....
so, i do not know if it is the reason or not. i had an SD card inserted into that thing. i took it out, rebooted the remote and now it somehow managed to register itself. confusing. well, at least it worked.

****, i will have a ton of questions it seems. this android asks if it wants to use SD card as an portable storage or as an internal one. i guess it is safer to set it as a portable?

hmm. dji go 4 app on it is of 4.3.10 version. so far i do not even see how to upgrade it.
i chatted with support - person there had no idea. hmm. it is not very fun at all.

at least one thing worked flawlessly. hdmi connection to my HD3 fatshark goggles came up fine, in auto mode, shows 16:9 screen, unfortunately, but, all worked OOB with no issues, screen shows fine and clear. so i will be able to fly it, finally.

Last edited:
No, it updated through wifi. I did not check to see what the starting version was. It self updated after opening GO4.

No, it updated through wifi. I did not check to see what the starting version was. It self updated after opening GO4.
what version does it show you now?

also - how to reboot this device, cold reboot? are there any buttons combinations that do that?

i just went to the field nearby, flew it 300ft up, 1000ft forward and back - works fine. radio signal fine. it was in a bright sun - screen is awesome. so far so good, except of odd go4 version.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerMav
what version does it show you now?

also - how to reboot this device, cold reboot? are there any buttons combinations that do that?

i just went to the field nearby, flew it 300ft up, 1000ft forward and back - works fine. radio signal fine. it was in a bright sun - screen is awesome. so far so good, except of odd go4 version.

ok, so i also chatted with support on it, they could not say anything intelligent and took it offline for an investigation. will see what will transpire.
other than that i am quite happy so far. did you do a range test? it is odd to see several reports of people losing connection from 100yds to 1000ft - not sure what gives, mine works flawlessly in that aspect it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: maven4336
ok, so i also chatted with support on it, they cold not say anything intelligent and took it offline for an investigation. will see what will transpire.
other than that i am quite happy so far. did you do a range test? it is odd to see several reports of people losing connection from 100yds to 1000ft - not sure what gives, mine works flawlessly in that aspect it seems.
Not yet, still at work, if the bird and batteries update fast enough, i am hoping to get a flight in this evening. Want to attach the Moverios to it and see how that works.

Reactions: ivpool$
Can’t wait to test mind doing the download on the firmware update version 01.0.0 310

Not yet, still at work, if the bird and batteries update fast enough, i am hoping to get a flight in this evening. Want to attach the Moverios to it and see how that works.
HD3 fatsharks worked fine, to a limit of what they can do. at least there were no obvious issues like wrong sync, totally off colors, etc. it is what it is for a 720p feed.
Now i wish i bought HDO, that would probably be a way better, but, it still works and image is clear. i think with time i will get used to the screen again for flying, but, in goggles it all is way better. :)

last annoyance - this controller does not fit into a fly more bag if it has 2 batteries on the bottom in there. that, actually, sucks quite bad. need to think now how to move it, as i like that bag very much.
hmm. it actually does fit, if pushed in at the angle and 'suppressed' (c) alice in wonderland :) - but this way its screen presses into the drone a bit. hmm. greedy dji even did not include a cloth sock for this remote to be in, but, i should have something similar to protect the screen

Last edited:
Reactions: maven4336
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC