Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavik Pro went totally out of control

Grapecrusher

Reactions
Site
www.insoftlight.com
Hi everyone,

Am a complete newbie to drone flying but had my Mavik Pro in Beginner Mode, GPS and IMU were ok to go and when I launched it lifted off ok to around 2 ft then began spinning and suddenly shot off and crashed. This happened after I updated the firmware in the middle of a vineyard.....hence Grapecrusher....It had been sitting in the sun while I upgraded so not sure if this caused the problem. However, nothing showed on the controller and the updated completed without problem. The drone crashed this way 3 times and although no damage . done I am a little concerned about trying again. Any ideas would be very welcome.

Reactions: tstillman
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

I am just assuming here but the spinning out of control, appear to be the propellers not properly installed. But the logs will tell the truth.

Reactions: Jerazmus
First of all I would never do an update why it was sitting out in the sun.

Yes looking at the top of the motors for the white ring and the same mark on the prop would be a good start . There are two that spin CW and two that spin CCW . Two props have the ring and two don’t . [emoji41]

It wont lift off if props are on incorrectly. Which is nigh on impossible (put props on wrong) to do anyway.

Reactions: AnzacJack
I did my update using my wifi in my house . Using your cellphone package will eat up the data in a hurry

Reactions: Rightstuffer
When your drone is turned on and motors off have a look at your screen showing your compass and the two bar grafts that show interference . I would do this at the launch site and see if the drone is unhappy about something

Hi, just had a look at the flight logs/reports and it shows compass errors then speed errors. As I was close to the vineyards perhaps there were metal posts that I didn’t see and that was the cause even though I didn’t have magnetic interference on the controller? I shall try tomorrow in a different area!

You’ll probably find it is the compass interference. When you try another location, make sure the icon on the radar screen matches the exact direction your drone is pointed. Turn your drone and make sure the orientation stays the same on the radar. If it’s pointing another direction, find another spot and check again.

Reactions: sar104
also, both the AC and the RC need to be rebooted first thing after an update, did you remember to do that?

also, both the AC and the RC need to be rebooted first thing after an update, did you remember to do that?
I think you nailed it.....I didn’t re-set the RC or AC after upgrade.....dummies that I am. And have since discovered that all the supports in the vineyard are metal!!!. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: tstillman
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-23_[19-54-19].txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi there,

Found one of the flight records and it shows compass errors. If it is in beginner mode and I did not get a notification that I was in a magnetic area, would this be because after updating my firmware I forgot to re-boot both the RC and the AC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000