DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max Altitude?

I would try re-installing the firmware. if default settings are reversed, what else might be *** backwards.

I set mine to Imperial units, but it still asked for the altitude and distance in meters. What am i doing wrong?

1/2 the people in Colorado wouldn't be able to take off if the max was 6000 ASL. I've flown as high as 12,500 ASL.
I wonder if there's a physics difference then in 6,000 ASL/6,000 AGL vs 12,000 ASL/6,000 AGL?

Don't think there is. Pressure decreases with altitude weather (pun) its above sea or above land. The density at 15000 ASL would be the same as 10 feet above the mountain.

500m?... I live n the USA but when I was flying my Mavic Pro earlier today I put it in the shy and I could not see my drone but when I looked down at my DJI GO 4 app. the altitude numbers were 9057.. Is that meters or what? I am new to the drone stuff.... Finally I hit RTH and it took quite a long time to get back.... I am a newbie.
It won’t fly away 9000 meters in any direction. That is 5.6 miles. In miles, however, it’s 1.7 - possible. About you knowing your measurements - no comment.

Reactions: ksmusa
ZrF21gs.jpg

Modified aircraft, stock battery, my best flight. This same Mavic also holds the battery mod world record.

Reactions: Ramjet
Man if you have Mavic Air that can fly 9000 meters high o_O than be sure to immediately sell that battery in that air to Elon Musk or Mate Rimac and rest of the drone to NASA maybe :rolleyes:

Whats the Max Altitude out-of-the-box my new drone will go?
Is the U.S., the maximum legal altitude is 400 feet above ground unless you are within 400 feet of a building or tower. Then you can go up to 400 feet above that building. This rule is designed to keep you from interfering with manned aircraft. Be safe and follow the rules. You might learn them first.

Is the U.S., the maximum legal altitude is 400 feet above ground unless you are within 400 feet of a building or tower. Then you can go up to 400 feet above that building. This rule is designed to keep you from interfering with manned aircraft. Be safe and follow the rules. You might learn them first.
Not entirely correct, 400 ft over a 400 ft tower puts you 300 ft above maned aircraft minimum alt

Not entirely correct, 400 ft over a 400 ft tower puts you 300 ft above maned aircraft minimum alt

No, for a Part 107 pilot, that is correct. From the FAA rules: "You can fly during daylight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) or in twilight with appropriate anti-collision lighting. Minimum weather visibility is three miles from your control station. The maximum allowable altitude is 400 feet above the ground, higher if your drone remains within 400 feet of a structure. Maximum speed is 100 mph (87 knots)." (Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107))

The 500-foot minimum altitude for manned aircraft is over terrain or over structures. You can't buzz by the windows of a 750-foot tall tower at 600 feet just because you're still technically above the minimum AGL height.

And of course neither if you is correct for recreational flyers, as there is technically no legal height limit - only an advisory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qoncussion
No, for a Part 107 pilot, that is correct. From the FAA rules: "You can fly during daylight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) or in twilight with appropriate anti-collision lighting. Minimum weather visibility is three miles from your control station. The maximum allowable altitude is 400 feet above the ground, higher if your drone remains within 400 feet of a structure. Maximum speed is 100 mph (87 knots)." (Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107))

The 500-foot minimum altitude for manned aircraft is over terrain or over structures. You can't buzz by the windows of a 750-foot tall tower at 600 feet just because you're still technically above the minimum AGL height.

And of course neither if you is correct for recreational flyers, as there is technically no legal height limit - only an advisory.
Noted
FYI this is exactly why I've resisted getting involved in this thread.
The OP is perposly posting the same subject that ends up with people's opinions as, drone police, recreational,107, and in different countries.Thumbswayup

Of course (in the US) 400 ft is only for those flying under 107. Recreational has no restriction on height or night.

A couple of times when taking off, I have received a message about maximum altitude of 100ft reached and also a limited distance from the home point. (not sure of exact distance) and that I can change it in the "main controller section"
When i look at my altitude settings, it is still set to my the normal 400ft. Anyone have insight to what is going on?

A couple of times when taking off, I have received a message about maximum altitude of 100ft reached and also a limited distance from the home point. (not sure of exact distance) and that I can change it in the "main controller section"
When i look at my altitude settings, it is still set to my the normal 400ft. Anyone have insight to what is going on?
Are you in beginner mode

Are you in beginner mode
No I am not.
When this happened last time, I landed and took a break. Next time i flew, no problem. I just did a second take off and it still limits height and distance when reached but no warning before that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7