DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max Altitude?

Max altitude is where the best movies or pictures can be made:
Oups! I was curious and wanted to see the blue sky....

Reactions: Thwyllo
I think my question was answered. So it calculates altitude based on the launch point. Meaning that if I’m already on high terrain it will be 120m from “my ground level”. Seems like that would make it even harder to know if I’m flying at a legal altitude right? How do I know the height of the prospective peek I’m launching from?

I think my question was answered. So it calculates altitude based on the launch point. Meaning that if I’m already on high terrain it will be 120m from “my ground level”. Seems like that would make it even harder to know if I’m flying at a legal altitude right? How do I know the height of the prospective peek I’m launching from?
Whatever altitude you launch from will indicate zero on your screen. You can then go up as far as you deem legal or safe, and its indicated on screen.
The drones altitude is from its launch point which is zero

All restrictions are from actual terrain not sea level.

Reactions: colinfowler
Because I started the movie still high enough I could fly some hundred meters over the ceiling...

Reactions: genesimmons
Max altitude is where the best movies or pictures can be made:
Oups! I was curious and wanted to see the blue sky....
Nice going there champ. People like you are the reason we get all these restrictions.

Reactions: aokusman
Hey guys,
What I love most on you is that you are giving statements or concur without posing such simple questions like where?, why?, circumstances?, etc.
I am happy that life is so easy for you, without questions so unfortunately without answers...

Because I started the movie still high enough I could fly some hundred meters over the ceiling...
cool footage, did the mav have any issues at that altitude? did u mod the accend and decend speed? havent had the ballls to take mine that height yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes