DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum range tests

Great range. Most for me so far was 10,600 ft. But was windy. Waiting for a dead calm day.

In that case, I’ll delete my posts on your thread if you don’t want to believe me.

Many of us have flew our Mavic 2 Pros belond 6 Miles and returned safely to landing point in P mode. I don’t recommend it though, can damage battery.

Ok, I’m deleting my post since you find it hard to believe

Not sure what you mean by "don't run too long with 0% or battery will be damaged" ??

If I am down to 0% the birdie is falling out the sky --- sure way to damage a battery!

I find 6 miles out a little hard to believe, even on P-mode.

He did fly 6 miles out and back. I was there and we have video and the DJI flight list. You could run the mp2 to 0% and still fly. Don’t recommend this though.

He did fly 6 miles out and back. I was there and we have video and the DJI flight list. You could run the mp2 to 0% and still fly. Don’t recommend this though.

Did you fly your Mavic when he was doing range test? I wonder if yours would of interfered with range?

Can you post a link to this 6-mile flight?

I just find anything beyond 5 miles to be VERY dicey. Now on my 4.6 mile flight I did have to ascend to 700 feet in order to maintain a solid OcuSync FPV signal, so obviously that chewed up extra battery power. I will have to try a long range flight in Position Mode on the exact same flight path where I used Sport Mode in order to get a better "apples to apples" comparison.

I used to have "pucker" moments when flying my P3 Pro on long distance flights --- seeing 5% on the battery meter and still 2500 feet away from me --- soiled some good undies on those kinds of flights !!

Great range. Most for me so far was 10,600 ft. But was windy. Waiting for a dead calm day.

You'll definitely enjoy 15,000+ ft. flights on calm days --- as long as you dont have obstructions or massive RF interference where you fly

Can you post a link to this 6-mile flight?

I just find anything beyond 5 miles to be VERY dicey. Now on my 4.6 mile flight I did have to ascend to 700 feet in order to maintain a solid OcuSync FPV signal, so obviously that chewed up extra battery power. I will have to try a long range flight in Position Mode on the exact same flight path where I used Sport Mode in order to get a better "apples to apples" comparison.

I used to have "pucker" moments when flying my P3 Pro on long distance flights --- seeing 5% on the battery meter and still 2500 feet away from me --- soiled some good undies on those kinds of flights !!

Hi
My buddy hasn’t posted on YouTube yet still learning how to but here’s a 6 mile video of a forum member on YouTube. Search; DJI Mavic 2 pro 6.72 mile stock long range flight.

My buddy hasn’t posted on YouTube yet still learning how to but here’s a 6 mile video of a forum member on YouTube. Search; DJI Mavic 2 pro 6.72 mile stock long range flight.

I just watched it. Very impressive. That guy never had to get his M2P higher than 51 ft. AGL so that really maximized the distance. I guess going up to 700 feet knocked off 2+ miles off my attempted "record" flight. It sucks to get high LOL !!

That dude also flew the last 3600 ft. on 0% battery --- I guess DJI built extra reserve into these M2 batteries to make sure we all get our birds home safe and sound.

Last edited:
I just watched it. Very impressive. That guy never had to get his M2P higher than 51 ft. AGL so that really maximized the distance. I guess going up to 700 feet knocked off 2+ miles off my attempted "record" flight. It sucks to get high LOL !!

That dude also flew the last 3600 ft. on 0% battery --- I guess DJI built extra reserve into these M2 batteries to make sure we all get our birds home safe and sound.
Yeah he flew half a mile with 0% battery. Mavic wanted to land but he was still able to keep it up. My friend did another flight test 7 miles out. Fell short 1 mile coming back and ran 0% about on the last mile. DJI app pop up warning came on about running at 0% might damage battery. Well his battery is now toast he ran it too long. So I suggest not pushing it to the limit unless you can afford another battery. M2p is also great for low flying at 2miles out without disconnecting of course this is in a area with little to no interference.

I’ve just not got the balls to take mine out that far (M2P) a bit of poo comes out when I’m about 2000 ft wayo_Oo_O

Has anyone tried doing this test over water? Like from a beach...I would assume if on a calm day there would be no obstructions/interference for a far flight. I'm just too chicken to do it myself! lol

Has anyone tried doing this test over water? Like from a beach...I would assume if on a calm day there would be no obstructions/interference for a far flight. I'm just too chicken to do it myself! lol
No need to be over water as the M2 radio has a solid connection. As long as there are no obstacles nearby the home point you can reach the maximum range easily.

You guys have some mucho grande cojones to fly that far!

If on your return leg you land short, do you have a last known GPS coordinate you can use to orienteer and walk to your drone? What app would you use?

Billie Kyle did a 6mile out video, unfortunately for him it was on a tailwind out and headwind back. Sadly the Mavic 2 Pro never made it home and is now swimming with the fishes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead