DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MEMORIAL DAY IN AMERICA....to my heroes

mikemoose55

Reactions
Tomorrow is Memorial Day in my beloved country of America
The day we remember all the Sons and Daughters of Freedom who protect the great freedom and opportunity America offers to not only all Americans but to all who wish to share what we cherish so much...... Freedom . This is a tribute to all Veterans especially all who have gone forward and not returned to the land they so dearly loved .......you are not forgotten .

No disrespect to my colleagues around the globe we all love our home land this is simply my thank you to my country men & women who have fought and died in the service to America and in many events over the years around the globe. I thank you , I remember you, and I will never forget that I get to be here in America because you were there for my freedom.
THANK YOU...today I woke up in the America free because of your service.
mikemoose55

That would be Veterans Day. Memorial Day is for all that gave their lives.
actually Memorial Day is for both ,you know the Flag is at Half Staff from Sunrise until Noon to remember all those who gave all for this great country and from Noon till sunset the flag is raised to full staff to honor and remember all those that served and are still serving.

actually Memorial Day is for both ,you know the Flag is at Half Staff from Sunrise until Noon to remember all those who gave all for this great country and from Noon till sunset the flag is raised to full staff to honor and remember all those that served and are still serving.
Thank you for that info. I looked it up. As I understand it, half mast for fallen men and raised to full for men that served in battle.

I was asked about that when I went to the promotion board many years ago.
That's how I remember it.

Reactions: Jeffm912
I accept and thank you for your thoughts and sentiments for the observance of Memorial Day. The US holiday of Memorial Day was originally proclaimed to celebrate the passing of members of the US military who were killed in the wars. Later it became changed to include those who perished in armed conflicts not declared as war as well. I, too mourn the loss of all military members who sacrificed their lives for their nation. The days set specifically for others who have served are, of course, Veterans Day and Armed Forces Day. I am proud of all who have served honorably for the service of their nation. I have served with the military members of at least seven other countries and I honor them as well. My thoughts and prayers go to all the families of military members who have gone to answer the call to arms and have given their ultimate that all may be free! And, for the others out there who have answered the call and served honorably, I salute you!

I accept and thank you for your thoughts and sentiments for the observance of Memorial Day. The US holiday of Memorial Day was originally proclaimed to celebrate the passing of members of the US military who were killed in the wars. Later it became changed to include those who perished in armed conflicts not declared as war as well. I, too mourn the loss of all military members who sacrificed their lives for their nation. The days set specifically for others who have served are, of course, Veterans Day and Armed Forces Day. I am proud of all who have served honorably for the service of their nation. I have served with the military members of at least seven other countries and I honor them as well. My thoughts and prayers go to all the families of military members who have gone to answer the call to arms and have given their ultimate that all may be free! And, for the others out there who have answered the call and served honorably, I salute you!

I feel much the same as @theDRONEranger, and see Memorial Day as a time to honor not just those from my own country that have defended freedom, but all people worldwide that defend and uphold freedom. I salute all that have and still do serve that cause.

Reactions: Jeffm912
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329