DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Messed up

jimmyboards

Reactions
Haven’t taken the drone out in months, just haven’t had time. Last time I flew was near a beach,so I wanted to get her moving...weather is bad today and I always promised myself I wouldn’t fly indoors... but alas I switched her on just to let the motors spin, gave it a little too much throttle and caught the corner of the wall, she flipped and the front left arm folded in. Seemed to be fine other than having to replace the props and the front left arm has a slight click/notch when folding in and out now. First crash since owning the bird for 6 months. But feeling really **** and sorry for myself. DONT FLY INDOORS!

Sorry about your crash. Indoors is more Tello territory.
Definitely agree. I admit I flew my MP indoors a few times, lots of windows and gps locked. But I won’t do it again. If I get the urge to fly indoors I use the Tello.

I have toy drones without ATTI but they don’t feel anything like the Mavic. Tello does, within reason. It’s good practice should you end up in ATTI mode on the Mavic. Outside in only a few MPH wind and you can practice ATTI with drift. :)

Mike

Haven’t taken the drone out in months, just haven’t had time. Last time I flew was near a beach,so I wanted to get her moving...weather is bad today and I always promised myself I wouldn’t fly indoors... but alas I switched her on just to let the motors spin, gave it a little too much throttle and caught the corner of the wall, she flipped and the front left arm folded in. Seemed to be fine other than having to replace the props and the front left arm has a slight click/notch when folding in and out now. First crash since owning the bird for 6 months. But feeling really **** and sorry for myself. DONT FLY INDOORS!
I learned indoors on a little hubsan x4. They are fun indoors... not much point using a larger drone though. even for video, you can just pick it up.

Interesting, I am considering flying my Pro inside a warehouse. oer 100,00 sq ft and a 40 ft ceiling.
Maybe I should lookd for one of these "Tello" drones.

If there is zero GPS signal in the warehouse the Mavic should be okay. But if it is able to lock onto GPS while airborn then it could get squirrelly. If you do the mod that changes the Sports mode switch to ATTI mode you definitely should be okay—it won’t even attempt to use GPS.

Really wish the Mavic allowed forcing ATTI mode without having to do the mod, and without losing Sports mode.

Mike

I fly my Mavic Pro Platinum inside my house and into every room while I am sitting outside with my DJI goggles on. I have the DJI cage setup. It’s rather loud due to the smaller blades but it’s a good way to do the dusting in the house. I heard today that someone did a job in a restaurant with set tables using an Inspire1. The down wash blew some glasses off the table, the pilot overreacted and flew higher to reduce the effect only to hit a very expensive lamp shade causing the drone to crash badly. My Mavic would have been perfect for this job. Don’t know why they needed a drone for this though.

Two of my bedrooms each have 4 indentations in the ceilings in square patterns with the indentations spaced precisely 450 mm apart. One would think that I would have learned to be more careful after crashing the first 450 mm drone into the ceiling and indenting the ceiling with the bullet shaped motor nuts, but no, I did it twice! Both times the drones were undamaged, and ceiling damage was minimal. As a reminder, I have left the indentations in place on the ceilings. Those 450 Flamewheel drones were fun to fly and I built several.

I would never fly my Mavic Pro or P3P indoors, not even a football stadium. Too many variables.

If there is zero GPS signal in the warehouse the Mavic should be okay. But if it is able to lock onto GPS while airborn then it could get squirrelly. If you do the mod that changes the Sports mode switch to ATTI mode you definitely should be okay—it won’t even attempt to use GPS.

Really wish the Mavic allowed forcing ATTI mode without having to do the mod, and without losing Sports mode.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I think I will just "power up" and check it out. Probably two or three times before I even try to take off!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78