DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Method to reset goggles with button push? Stuck on "DJI Screen"

DC_Rectifier

Reactions
Hello all, received my goggles today 5/30. Activated and did one brief flight. Second flight got message about inconsistent firmware (was already running .700 on Mavic/controller, but think I may have had .600 on goggles). Message on DJI Go 4 said successful update, but my goggles lost connection and went to gray screen with "DJI."

I can no longer get the goggles to connect to anything, even a "manual" HDMI feed. No menus or the startup process, just the gray DJI screen when powering down/up.

I looked through manuals/forums briefly and cannot find a method to "reset" goggles with physical button push (not even sure this would fix issue).

Anyone know how to reset or had similar experience? I'll soon open support ticket but hoping for quicker fix/idea. Thanks all.

Hello all, received my goggles today 5/30. Activated and did one brief flight. Second flight got message about inconsistent firmware (was already running .700 on Mavic/controller, but think I may have had .600 on goggles). Message on DJI Go 4 said successful update, but my goggles lost connection and went to gray screen with "DJI."

I can no longer get the goggles to connect to anything, even a "manual" HDMI feed. No menus or the startup process, just the gray DJI screen when powering down/up.

I looked through manuals/forums briefly and cannot find a method to "reset" goggles with physical button push (not even sure this would fix issue).

Anyone know how to reset or had similar experience? I'll soon open support ticket but hoping for quicker fix/idea. Thanks all.
Although I have not received my Goggles just yet, I would try to connect them to the DJI assistant 2 application on your computer and see if you find the issue or a fix there.
Have you tried that method yet?

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks, yes I have. I get a USB connect then disconnect in quick succession in Windows 10. No DJI Assistant connection shown. Before the issue I could connect in latest version of DJI Assistant fine (used it to activate after issues in Go 4).

Unfortunately I don't see reset button under HDMI cover. I only see microSD card reader, headphone jack, and micro HDMI.

Sorry I meant under the function button there are two holes. One for the linking and one for the reset I believe

Don't do that I'm an idiot. I just remembered.

So when you plug into the computer for the DJI assistant, do you see it come up at all?

Are you using the USB charging port to the computer?

Don't use the HDMI cord.

Plug the USB into the headband, then once the assistant is open and prompting you plug into the USB on your computer.

It should give you an option to restore to factory settings

Usually there's some way to hard reset. I wonder if holding the power button down for 60 seconds might do it? Or some combination of the FN or Back buttons with the power button

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll report back when I can get back in front of the goggles. I am using USB to connect to DJI Assistant and could connect successfully before the "update." I did try holding different buttons down but will admit I haven't tried for 60 full seconds yet ;)

have you tried to separate the head band and the goggles and ensure the connections are all clean and then try again?

I did check head and connection. Still looks clean/new. I tried some button long pushes but no reaction. Then installed DJI Assistant on MacBook (new install). Can't get USB to recognize similar to windows machine.

This is the screen I get on the goggles after any power cycle, just stays on this screen until turned off. All charging etc seems to be working normal. I'll open support ticket, really appreciate the suggestions and still curious if a way to manual button push reset goggles. If I learn anything I'll post back.
IMG_3313.JPG

good luck and hope you figure it out without having to send them in for repair...

I did check head and connection. Still looks clean/new. I tried some button long pushes but no reaction. Then installed DJI Assistant on MacBook (new install). Can't get USB to recognize similar to windows machine.

This is the screen I get on the goggles after any power cycle, just stays on this screen until turned off. All charging etc seems to be working normal. I'll open support ticket, really appreciate the suggestions and still curious if a way to manual button push reset goggles. If I learn anything I'll post back.
View attachment 13984

Oh hey, so after some thinking... separate the goggle from the headband for five minutes and then reconnect them.

Here's my thinking, while I can't find anything that is a reset for these goggles. Pulling the headband basically is yanking the battery, which is the old method for fixing frozen Android devices. These are Android after all.

Oh hey, so after some thinking... separate the goggle from the headband for five minutes and then reconnect them.

Here's my thinking, while I can't find anything that is a reset for these goggles. Pulling the headband basically is yanking the battery, which is the old method for fixing frozen Android devices. These are Android after all.

Gave it a shot, no luck disconnecting for greater than five minutes and then reconnecting. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Okay last thing, try taking out the SD card, maybe reformatting it? Is the computer reading the card through the goggles?

Maybe reformat the card and stick it back in?

Man I'm sorry I wish I could think of something else?

No luck on SD card, actually never used one in it, but tried to no avail. Computer just briefly acts like goggles are connecting and then immediately disconnects. DJI Assistant etc never even register anything connecting.

Waiting to hear back from DJI support.

Here is my brief experience with the goggles:
- Best Buy preorder finally arrives
- Despite latest app/firmware on all but goggles apparently got the Chinese message on DJI Go 4 and activation would fail (yes I was logged in and used helpful instructions on this forum)
- used DJI Assistant to activate, cake. Ignored firmware upgrade available notice from .600 on goggles -- probably my tragic mistake
- did a two minute flight consisting of going up 20 ft and using head tracker. Video seemed kind of dark and was curious if because of ND-16 filter.
- used hdmi adapter on iPhone and watched Netflix for two minutes
- hooked up NES Classic/mini and played Super Marios Bros level 1-1
- went back out to test fly again, got inconsistent firmware message, allowed update as I've always update Mavic via Go 4 in past with no issue. Got message update was successful, goggles picture goes to generic gray DJI screen
- goggles no longer react to anything other than power cycling/charging to said gray screen
- now my 40th birthday will be celebrated without goggles. Maybe for the best as I'll be less distracted during family time ;)

Linux, not Android.

I have one last idea.

Try to let the goggles discharge entirely. Turn them on, and run the battery dry. That might hard reset it.

Cyberpower678, I discharged yesterday (took far longer than 6 hours,assuming because static colorless screen). The battery indicator blinks green when I hit power button to let me now out of battery so going to let sit for now and see if it fully discharges. If any success I'll let all know.

I just received email back from DJI Support that they believe software related and best thing to do is replace goggles. I may just try to work through Best Buy but I have a feeling it will be a while before I use again :(

Here is their response (had to keep sending various proof of purchase):
Thank you for your fast response. There might be issues with the software of the goggles. I believe it will be better for you to have your goggles replace. If you wanted to we can process a replacement for you but you will need to send us back your goggles first. Or you can send it back and ask your dealer for replacement. Just let us know your thoughts so that we can be able to process a ticket for you.

We do hope for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. Take care!

Best Regards,
Nique
DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Cyberpower678, I discharged yesterday (took far longer than 6 hours,assuming because static colorless screen). The battery indicator blinks green when I hit power button to let me now out of battery so going to let sit for now and see if it fully discharges. If any success I'll let all know.

I just received email back from DJI Support that they believe software related and best thing to do is replace goggles. I may just try to work through Best Buy but I have a feeling it will be a while before I use again :(

Here is their response (had to keep sending various proof of purchase):
Thank you for your fast response. There might be issues with the software of the goggles. I believe it will be better for you to have your goggles replace. If you wanted to we can process a replacement for you but you will need to send us back your goggles first. Or you can send it back and ask your dealer for replacement. Just let us know your thoughts so that we can be able to process a ticket for you.

We do hope for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. Take care!

Best Regards,
Nique
DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Any success?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661