DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Card Removal Tool (by DDH)

I created this simple tool to make it easy to remove the Micro SD card from a DJI drone (or any other electronic device). One end of the tool can be used to open the Micro SD memory card cover and/or to press and eject the Micro SD card. The tweezers end can be used to securely grab and remove the Micro SD card.

View attachment 64237
View attachment 64238
View attachment 64239
View attachment 64240

If interested, you can find this item in my store here.

I took a low-tech route for my SD card. I wrapped some scotch tape over it, creating a "tail". Once you pop it in-and-out, easy to grab with your fingers.

20190226_181823.jpg20190226_181845.jpg

Thanks for your consideration but given the open nature of this forum and the considerable contribution made by a number of people here I thought you would see it fit to do so. Oh well, each to there own.
Because you have been here for soo long..
Msinger has been contributing for years

Reactions: charliesRig
Sorry, but neither of those are possible. If it's something you can use and you'd like to support my business, then $9 shouldn't be too much to ask. And if all you want is $3 tweezers, then you can certainly buy those instead (or demand they give those to you for free too?).

Sorry, but neither of those are possible. If it's something you can use and you'd like to support my business, then $9 shouldn't be too much to ask. And if all you want is $3 tweezers, then you can certainly buy those instead (or demand they give those to you for free too?).
This is a ridiculous, selfish stance, msinger. Personally, I run a thriving small business where I spend a ton of time, away from my family, working hard on a good product to help people, and I always give away my services for free.

Edit: huh, the sarcasm font doesn’t seem to be working.

Reactions: texaz
Seriously, if you dont want to buy a set of two hand made 'tweezers' designed to do a job, then dont.......
scroll past, dont comment....easy....
But if you choose to comment, and bag Mike for not giving them away.......dont expect too much help with your next crash or data analysis.....

Reactions: Maviac and Thomas B
I've been using my design for about 6 months now and it's been working well for me. However, if anyone buys one and has an idea to make it better, please do let me know. And if I use your idea, I'll send you a free upgrade :)

Regular tweezers work just as well, and you probably have six pairs lying around the house.
Yep, some regular tweezers can do this job too. And there's certainly no need to buy my tool if you already have six pair laying around your house ;)

Thats exactly what im after if anyone has something similar in the UK drop me a pm please

Could you send me a link to your store for this SD card removal tool
Thank you
....cR

I support the Members and Vendors Here on this board "Mavicpilots"
Thank you
for all your help.
............................. all you all are a great asset and why I keep coming back here.!
....cR .. scott
Thank you thread - Sar104, Meta4 and Thunderdrones are my heros
wish my New sd card removel tool had the "mavicPilot" Logo on it...not a deal breaker tho....cR

I support the Members and Vendors Here on this board "Mavicpilots"
Thank you
for all your help.
And thank you! I wouldn't be able to do what I do without the support from pilots like yourself.

I created this simple tool to make it easy to remove the Micro SD card from a DJI drone (or any other electronic device). One end of the tool can be used to open the Micro SD memory card cover and/or to press and eject the Micro SD card. The tweezers end can be used to securely grab and remove the Micro SD card.

View attachment 64237
View attachment 64238
View attachment 64239
View attachment 64240

If interested, you can find this item in my store here.

I did what another person posted: I used a loop of Scotch tape on the outer end of the card. Works splendidly!

Reactions: Former Member
Why bother with having to carry another piece of equipment for the drone.
I simply use Scotch tape and make a little tab that extends off the back side of the card so that I can grab it with my fingers.
The tape only covers the last 1/8" of the card and extends out beyond the edge of the card by about 3/8 of an inch.
I have been using this method for years and it works perfectly.
:)Thumbswayup

Reactions: Former Member
Hey, It's really an option and not anyone needs to be adding an opinion on what he should or should not do as far as price or how he sells these things or add where to go something cheaper. If you ever place something up for sale, do you want the "Popcorn Gallery"? You are free to buy it or not, no one is forcing you to do so. Drones costing over a Grand and you guys spent time worrying about $9.00? It's made on material that will not cause damage, but maybe you guys don't keep your drone in pristine condition. It's also made to exactly fit the SD Slot. This guy helps people all the time and does not deserve this crap

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett