DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Card Removal Tool (by DDH)

so why didn't i see this thread 2 days ago?
because, the very FIRST time i attempted to remove my $30 card from my new mavic zoom....
let's just say I've never snapped a micro SD card in half before.
I don't have a 2D or 3D or 4G lte printer, so I'll be buying one of these doo-hickies.

I have a master's in engineering. I don't want to hear a word from the peanut gallery about technical ineptitude. lol

because, the very FIRST time i attempted to remove my $30 card from my new mavic zoom....
I don't have a 2D or 3D or 4G lte printer, so I'll be buying one of these doo-hickies.

I have a master's in engineering. I don't want to hear a word from the peanut gallery about technical ineptitude. lol

Hey, It's really an option and not anyone needs to be adding an opinion on what he should or should not do as far as price or how he sells these things or add where to go something cheaper. If you ever place something up for sale, do you want the "Popcorn Gallery"? You are free to buy it or not, no one is forcing you to do so. Drones costing over a Grand and you guys spent time worrying about $9.00? It's made on material that will not cause damage, but maybe you guys don't keep your drone in pristine condition. It's also made to exactly fit the SD Slot. This guy helps people all the time and does not deserve this crap

I wish I could give this post a hundred likes.

I've always just carried a common tweezer which is perfect for this and many other jobs related to drone maint.

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks for your interest everyone.

I realize this is not the only way to remove SD cards from your DJI drones. It's just something I made for myself and wanted to share it since I've been seeing a lot of people mention the SD cards are hard to remove. If you'd rather use tape, tweezers, your overgrown fingernails, etc., then please feel free to do so.

And if you want to discuss my tool (the topic of this thread), then feel free to post below ;)

First, I have one of yours. It works well and stops my fumbling. Love it!

I would suggest one change. If the end where the 2jaws join we’re slightly concave it would be easier to push on the end of the SD card to unlock it.

Reactions: msinger
If the end where the 2jaws join we’re slightly concave it would be easier to push on the end of the SD card to unlock it.
If you push the flat end against the SD card at like a 20 degree angle, you should be able to release the SD card on the first try. I could make the end concave, but it might be too thick to press against the card and/or the concave part might not be able to push it in enough to eject it.

1551570525841.png

Reactions: Thomas B
This is just FYI, nothing else, no complaints, except with the US postal service and the Canadian government (I don't think Canada Post is quite so expensive, but it's getting there). For Canadians the cost is $18.00USD which is $24.00 canuck dollars.

Reactions: Torcan
This is just FYI, nothing else, no complaints, except with the US postal service and the Canadian government (I don't think Canada Post is quite so expensive, but it's getting there). For Canadians the cost is $18.00USD which is $24.00 canuck dollars.
I'd be happy to ship them to you using a different service if you know of a cheaper shipping method.

Just ordered a pair , Thanks.
While on the subject I don't chage cards till their full because mine is so *** difficult to remove. So I'm wondering if something is wrong with the spring mechanism? I must push in with force to get it to 'pop out' enough to grab. Is this normal??

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: msinger
I must push in with force to get it to 'pop out' enough to grab. Is this normal??
Most of mine don't pop out either. That's why I'm using this tool with the grabber on the end.

Reactions: charliesRig
Why bother with having to carry another piece of equipment for the drone.
I simply use Scotch tape and make a little tab that extends off the back side of the card so that I can grab it with my fingers.
:)Thumbswayup

Why bother? There are a number of reasons, not the least of which is because it's a very nice solution developed by an extremely important, contributing member of the drone pilot community. Plus, there is no way on earth I'm going to put Scotch tape on my SD card. If Jeff Foxworthy found out about that, it would be in his next "You Might be a Redneck" book.

Why bother? There are a number of reasons, not the least of which is because it's a very nice solution developed by an extremely important, contributing member of the drone pilot community. Plus, there is no way on earth I'm going to put Scotch tape on my SD card. If Jeff Foxworthy found out about that, it would be in his next "You Might be a Redneck" book.

Some people need a tool to do even the simplest things in life. Why use a wrench to open a Coke bottle when your fingers work fine?

I use tape.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929