DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Card Removal Tool (by DDH)

Why bother? There are a number of reasons, not the least of which is because it's a very nice solution developed by an extremely important, contributing member of the drone pilot community. Plus, there is no way on earth I'm going to put Scotch tape on my SD card. If Jeff Foxworthy found out about that, it would be in his next "You Might be a Redneck" book.
What he choses to do VS what you do is no reason to call him a redneck so don't be calling others names here ( also I resemble that remark big time )

Guys If you have something productive to say do other than that there is no need in insulting others and it stops here with that .
Thank-Ya

Is this specific to the mavic 2 pro?

I have a mavic pro, 1st edition and the micro SD cover slides open with just my thumb, no nail needed. The card itself is sort of spring loaded, so it just simply pops out.

Am i missing some point or detail here?

Reactions: built4thekil
Is this specific to the mavic 2 pro?
No. It's a tool that can be used with any electronic device that uses an SD card. However, I created it for use with DJI drones since I was having trouble removing many of my SD cards.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks! I'll ship your order out tomorrow.

Reactions: charliesRig
a solid press of your thumb works for me. It's almost satisfaction when it clicks in/out.

But more power to you. Sim card trays have a tool, microSd may aswell too

Reactions: BossOlive
I'm happy to hear you're able to remove your memory cards with ease. It would be nice if my thumbs worked as well as yours. I guess this tool is for people who have thumbs like mine :D

Sharing a model that takes 5 minutes to design is precisely an example of thing that took probably less time than the rest of what he usually does, and would be valuable help. $22 with international shipping is just ridiculous and makes no sense for someone with a 3D printer to pay.

Anyway as said it takes 5 mins to design, so anyone with the tools can easily reproduce it while the printer is booting/preheating.

What happened to just using your fingers??

It amazes me how someone can try to offer an idea/solution for a specific issue and gets ridiculed and criticized. I've seen this on the forum before, almost unsubscribed because of it. These types of comments may prevent future ideas and thoughts from being posted. SMH

It amazes me how someone can try to offer an idea/solution for a specific issue and gets ridiculed and criticized. I've seen this on the forum before, almost unsubscribed because of it. These types of comments may prevent future ideas and thoughts from being posted. SMH

Very well said. Social media and forums are the "cesspool of the Internet," and unfortunately, this board is no different.

Msinger was wanting ideas to improve his removal tool. Would a "card keeper" integrated into it be helpful? That way I can temporarily store that little bitty card while I fold my drone back up. I hate to lay the card down and then wonder where I put it or dropped it or knocked it off. Just a thought.

Reactions: TheWolfen
I use scotch tape for my cell nano sim cards because they are just as easily misplaced. You can then stick them onto just about anything with a little extra tape at each end. The face of a credit card in your wallet is actually a relatively safe spot.

Msinger was wanting ideas to improve his removal tool. Would a "card keeper" integrated into it be helpful? That way I can temporarily store that little bitty card while I fold my drone back up. I hate to lay the card down and then wonder where I put it or dropped it or knocked it off. Just a thought.
Now that sounds like a good idea to me! I've nearly lost a couple cards that way. Adding a feature that makes them more obvious by attaching to the tool is one I'd like to see!

No. It's a tool that can be used with any electronic device that uses an SD card. However, I created it for use with DJI drones since I was having trouble removing many of my SD cards.

Okay, I was just curious. I have had my SD card go flying across room before, that little spring is pretty powerful if your finger slips off at the right time...LOL

the sd slot is the weak link on these things, i never take mine out any more, i got a magnetic micro usb plug and i leave that in full time,my usb and sd should never wear out or get damaged as both never get used.when i get home i simply plug my magnetic cord in the plug and transfer to my laptop then shut the drone off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots