DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Middle body crack near rear leg.

baumer.x9

Reactions
Hello guys, the other day I discovered a body crack on my Air 2S. This is located close to the rear leg. Drone is only 2 months old and I'm wondering how this happened!?
I do not have care refresh but thinking to send to dji anyway.

Attachments

• 20220122_200226.jpg
    20220122_200226.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
@baumer.x9 its called a stress crack ,and sadly its quite common on some of the newer models in the Mavic line up
as you have not got the care refresh the best and easiest way to deal with it ,is to drill a very small hole just beyond the end of the crack to stop it going further and then use some two part epoxy to repair the crack ,it also helps if with a small file you try to chamfer the actual crack after you have drilled the hole to give the glue a better surface to adhere too
it seems that the material used is different to the earlier versions of the Mavics
you could of course send it to DJI if you prefer and see what sort of price they quote to fix it

If only 2 month old you should be within the warranty period ... before starting to drill & glue push this towards DJI as a warranty case.

File a online repair request from here ... they will then contact you about further info & shipping --> DJI

Yes as this is only 2 months old I do not want to glue or drill this and I think better would be to replace the middle body and they are only €15.

Anyway I contacted support and they want me to start the service claim.

Reactions: old man mavic
thats great news good luck with your claim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga