DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 MilkyWay Timelapse 5 seconds

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am still gathering assets for a video on our Montana trip. I was up on a mountaintop last night from 10:00 to 1:00 shooting stars, Milky Way, Big Dipper,l etc.
Nikon D750, Nikkor 14-28mm f/2.8, shot at f/2.8, ISO 800, 15 second exposure and processed in LRTimelapse 6. Here is a short video and 2 images.

Attachments

• MilkyWay-Montana.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • MilkyWay. w shooting stars.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I am still gathering assets for a video on our Montana gtip. I was up on a mountaintop last night from 10:00 to 1:00 shooting stars, Milky Way, Big Dipper,l etc.
Nikon D750, Nikkor 14-28mm f/2.8, shot at f/2.8, ISO 800, 15 second exposure and processed in LRTimelapse 6. Here is a short video and 2 images.
Fantastic photos and videos, thanks for sharing (I feel so small)! :)

Nice night footage, I am amazed how well that turned out. I live and travel in dark high elevation places where the syks are very bright. I will have to get my Mavic 3 out and give this a try.

Reactions: @Rip
Very cool, the D750 still proves to be a workhorse in the field and of course, great glass helps. I've recently moved to the Z system and will be messing around with some astro-photography in September when we get up to the Orkney Isles and away from major light pollution.

How do you like the LRTimelapse program? I used it as part of an android based DSLR controller but found it clunky and hard to use, though this was a few years ago at theis point.

Reactions: Stach
Nice night footage, I am amazed how well that turned out. I live and travel in dark high elevation places where the syks are very bright. I will have to get my Mavic 3 out and give this a try.
Non No NO! This can not be done with a drone! Read the original post of mine. Nikon DSLR with Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 lens on a sturdy tripod.

Dale

Reactions: Stach and @Rip
Very cool, the D750 still proves to be a workhorse in the field and of course, great glass helps. I've recently moved to the Z system and will be messing around with some astro-photography in September when we get up to the Orkney Isles and away from major light pollution.

How do you like the LRTimelapse program? I used it as part of an android based DSLR controller but found it clunky and hard to use, though this was a few years ago at theis point.
My passion is LRTimelapse. It was invented around 2015 or so and I've been upgrading it from LRT4.0 to LRT6.0something. It is essential to my work and my hobby and I could not really live without it. It is a daunting learning curve which I could show you in 10 minutes but you really need to get the free version and learn it on your own. The price is not bad and it will provide years of fun and enjoyment for you. I don't really see that it is "clunky."

The astro images are made possible only by a good quality lens- that is why I opted for the Nikon 14-24 mm f/2.8. I actually wish I could get a 1.4!

Dale

Last edited:
Nice Dale.

Haven't used my DSLR to try these, but the GoPro 10 does a nice job of capturing these with little effort. I had to do very little cleanup in Resolve.

Unfortunately, my cabin is on the primary NB flight path for air travel going from California to Oregon/Washington. I feel these light trails take away from the clip. Going to have to find a less traveled part of the sky...

Orion the Hunter

Nice Dale.

Haven't used my DSLR to try these, but the GoPro 10 does a nice job of capturing these with little effort. I had to do very little cleanup in Resolve.

Unfortunately, my cabin is on the primary NB flight path for air travel going from California to Oregon/Washington. I feel these light trails take away from the clip. Going to have to find a less traveled part of the sky...

Orion the Hunter
Yes, finding dark sites is challenging, which is why I scheduled the trip to this place where I know, from many years of coming here, exactly where to go for the best dark skies. Shooting astro photography is a sub specialty all in itself. There are numerous workshops and I have attended a few. It is a labor of love and not for the faint of heart. I was out until 1 AM last night, knowing my wife was worrying about me. Astrophotography takes a long learning curve and good glass, (think $) and a good intervalometer.

Here is a sneak peek out take from last night. I am processing the video now.

Attachments

• MilkyWay.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yes, finding dark sites is challenging, which is why I scheduled the trip to this place where I know, from many years of coming here, exactly where to go for the best dark skies. Shooting astro photography is a sub specialty all in itself. There are numerous workshops and I have attended a few. It is a labor of love and not for the faint of heart. I was out until 1 AM last night, knowing my wife was worrying about me. Astrophotograpbhy takes a long learning curve and good glass, (think $) and a good intervalometer.

Here is a sneak peek out take from last night. I am processing the video now.
Wow!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99