DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini-2 Batteries in Mini SE

Chaosrider

Reactions
Will Mini-2 batteries work in the Mini-SE?

I think the answer is yes, and I think there was (at least) one previous thread about this, but the forum SW didn't pull it up when I typed in the subject line.

I have 3 Mini-2 Fly More Combos, and hence, 9 batteries. If the Mini-2 batteries work in the Mini-SE, I'll probably pull the trigger and get the SE.

Thx,

TCS

I presume they work since near identical aircraft,just different range if it got 6 pins on the battery I dont see why not

@Chaosrider it all depends on whether or not the shell of the Mini se is the same as the Mini 2 or the original Mini, the original batteries of the Mini will fit in the Mini 2 shell, but not visa versa i know the mini se uses the uprated motors and props of the mini 2 ,but not sure if the shell is the same where the batteries go ,i am sure someone with a mini se should be able to tell you

As I understand the mini mavic se is built with the mini mavic body so they are the same
Simple search gave this,,,,I guess that's yes then20220404_111615.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I presume they work since near identical aircraft,just different range if it got 6 pins on the battery I dont see why not
I think they will work. I think that was well established in some thread on this forum, that I can't now find.

I'm going to wait for a firm confirmation before I pull the trigger.

@Chaosrider it all depends on whether or not the shell of the Mini se is the same as the Mini 2 or the original Mini, the original batteries of the Mini will fit in the Mini 2 shell, but not visa versa i know the mini se uses the uprated motors and props of the mini 2 ,but not sure if the shell is the same where the batteries go ,i am sure someone with a mini se should be able to tell you

I hope that happens soon!

As I understand the mini mavic se is built with the mini mavic body so they are the same
Simple search gave this,,,,I guess that's yes then
20220404_111615.jpg
Ideally, I'd like to hear someone say, "I have used a Mini-2 battery in a Mini SE and it fit and worked fine".

Thx all!

TCS

Did you look in the DJI store? In the UK version dji-mini-se-tm it describes the SE's battery as

DJI Mini 2 Intelligent Flight Battery

DJI Mini 2 Intelligent Flight Battery​

£50
Well, specs are all well and good, but I'm hoping to hear someone say, "I plugged a Mini-2 battery into a Mini-SE, and it fit and worked just fine".

I'm just trying to dodge getting a Mini-SE Fly More, if there even is one. If I can use my Mini-2 batteries in the Mini-SE, then I have no need for the Mini-SE Fly More.

Thx,

TCS

After some searching I find this out,,good read and battery not only 7.7 instead of 7.2 its heavy so goes over the 250gram weight,,,learnt something myself,,,,,,,,just checked my se battery with magnifying glass and both are 7.7volt so I cant try the 7.2 which is what I thought I brought,,only 1 came with drone so brought another and didn't even bother to check
Can you use Mavic Mini’s battery in DJI Mini SE? Screenshot_20220404-122905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gagey52
I have 2 batteries for my Mini SE. One came with the basic kit and I later bought a second Mini 2 battery. Yes the Mini 2 battery works identically in the SE.
The Mini 1 battery also works but it's heavier and produces a bit less flight time.

Well, specs are all well and good, but I'm hoping to hear someone say, "I plugged a Mini-2 battery into a Mini-SE, and it fit and worked just fine".

I'm just trying to dodge getting a Mini-SE Fly More, if there even is one. If I can use my Mini-2 batteries in the Mini-SE, then I have no need for the Mini-SE Fly More.

Thx,

TCS
Those are not specs, they are accessories/parts sold for the SE, the batteries on that DJI page are described as for the Mini 2. So unless DJI put the wrong item on the SE page it means the two drones use the same battery.

I think they will work. I think that was well established in some thread on this forum, that I can't now find.

I'm going to wait for a firm confirmation before I pull the trigger.

I hope that happens soon!

Ideally, I'd like to hear someone say, "I have used a Mini-2 battery in a Mini SE and it fit and worked fine".

Thx all!

TCS
I have Mini 2 and Mini SE, batteries work well in both, however flight distance is reduced on Mini SE due to Wi-Fi.

After some searching I find this out,,good read and battery not only 7.7 instead of 7.2 its heavy so goes over the 250gram weight,,,learnt something myself,,,,,,,,just checked my se battery with magnifying glass and both are 7.7volt so I cant try the 7.2 which is what I thought I brought,,only 1 came with drone so brought another and didn't even bother to check
Can you use Mavic Mini’s battery in DJI Mini SE? View attachment 146224
I'm in the USA, and I'm indifferent to the 250g limit. At 5 bucks a pop, I'm happy to register all my drones.

But this isn't quite the battery compatibility that I'm looking to confirm. I want to confirm the the Mini-2 battery (Not the Mini/Mini-1 battery) will work in the Mini-SE.

All my batteries are true-blue DJI.

Thx,

TCS

I have 2 batteries for my Mini SE. One came with the basic kit and I later bought a second Mini 2 battery. Yes the Mini 2 battery works identically in the SE.
The Mini 1 battery also works but it's heavier and produces a bit less flight time.
That's what I wanted to hear!

Both the Mini-SE I just ordered from Amazon, and the used Mini-1 Fly More that I previously ordered from a private party, are now scheduled to arrive Wednesday. These will be added to my existing fleet of three Mini-2s.

This, of course, suggests a new handle...

;-)

MM

I'm in the USA, and I'm indifferent to the 250g limit. At 5 bucks a pop, I'm happy to register all my drones.

But this isn't quite the battery compatibility that I'm looking to confirm. I want to confirm the the Mini-2 battery (Not the Mini/Mini-1 battery) will work in the Mini-SE.

Thx,

TCS
Who mention mini one ? Are they the same ,well I dont fn know,was just trying and learning but now I dont give a hoot what you buy,

Who mention mini one ? Are they the same ,well I dont fn know,was just trying and learning but now I dont give a hoot what you buy,
I started to use the name Mini-1 for the Mini to avoid ambiguity (while creating a bit on the edge). "Mini" is sort of a generic term, or can sound that way. It's a better term for the class, than for individual model.

Sorry...didn't mean to be annoying...not sure what I said that was.

Thx,

TCS

I started to use the name Mini-1 for the Mini to avoid ambiguity (while creating a bit on the edge). "Mini" is sort of a generic term, or can sound that way. It's a better term for the class, than for individual model.

Sorry...didn't mean to be annoying...not sure what I said that was.

Thx,

TCS
No sir you have done nothing and I deeply apologize to yourself and other forum users
Mental illness gives me good and very bad days and I lost the plot before I even logged in
I have much respect for my elders and feel pretty bad today ,,sorry
I'll go sit in the corner

Thx,

TCS
Just saw this... @Chaosrider, you do not need to get a new number and pay $5 each time... you only need to do this once, then use the same reg # on all your drones.

And, of course, you don't need to do it at all for any of your <250g drones.

So I have the Mini SE Fly More Combo, but I am planning to get a cheap used Mavic Mini 1 and wondering if the SE batteries will fit in and work properly in the Mini or... ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998