DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 battery disassembly

Here's what I'm experimenting with. There's going to be some pushback on this, but I'd consider it a good thing.

This is prototype work in progress. Vibrations have to be considered. Weight has to be considered. Tons of things have to be considered. Consider them all, and discuss them all, because, after all, that's why we're here in the first place.

I'm pulling 8 or 9vdc from the two pins, and running it through a tiny, adjustable DC-DC converter to 3.7v so I can power the mini 2's aftermarket, lightweight LED strobe strips without needing separate batteries for the two LED strips.

This is not its finished version, just a working demonstration which now needs to be made semi-permanent. No, I don't have its weight at the moment. I don't have a max amperage value reading for it, either. Those copper lines are motor wrap wire, so they're enamel coated.

Play nice—thank you.

IMG_20230825_141448283.jpg

IMG_20230825_141524831.jpg

thanks, looks promising. battery still fit, contact perfectly?
but why not use the other + pin? Left from currect. So wires wont be so close to each other.
Yeah, its a 2S battery so 8-9V is fine.

thanks, looks promising. battery still fit, contact perfectly?
but why not use the other + pin? Left from currect. So wires wont be so close to each other.
Yeah, its a 2S battery so 8-9V is fine.
Someone else posted these pinouts. They're 1) SCL, 2) GROUND, 3) +, 4) +, 5) GROUND, 6) SDA.

Yes, the connections are kept separate, and they don't touch. The battery fits as normal. Loop the wire around a post, wrap it, twist it, and bend it away, securing its path away from its neighbor.

I've had the battery pack power an LED strip from a bicycle safety flasher, super bright, for 48-72 hours before it ran out. If you're looking for 1.5amps, that motor wire is probably too thin.

To be completely transparent, a down side of it is that I don't know if pulling the little current from the battery somehow sidesteps the security, safety, power down features inside the battery pack. It's supposed to protect the batteries in the pack if they get close to being undervoltage. I don't know if what I'm doing is sidestepping that undervoltage protection or not.

Attachments

• DJI battery pinout.jpg
    DJI battery pinout.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1
Yes, thats why i asked why not use the other pin?
That is only 1 cell voltage?

Yes, thats why i asked why not use the other pin?
That is only 1 cell voltage?
To be clear, I'm not sure to what point or points your “that's why I asked" words refer. You may want to repeat which of the prior communications you're targeting, to be sure I'm understanding what you don't yet understand. :)

From what I've seen, the posts I'm using are providing 8-9vdc, but I'm using a DC-DC converter to drop its voltage to my desired 3.7vdc. The two pairs of + and - posts could be in place as backup sources, so potential failure on one power pair wouldn't bring the drone crashing down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_