DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Binding Issue - Outdated Firmware

athearnsd45

Reactions
I have a brand-new Mini 2 for which I'd hoped to get DJI Care Refresh. Part of that process involves binding the aircraft to the controller/account. When I attempt to do so, I get the message "Firmware out of date. Please update and try again." The firmware is the latest version, and when I actually go into the control part of the DJI Fly App and check it there, I'm told I have the most recent version. However, the binding part takes place on the first screen in DJI app before you elect to fly. There is another option to check the firmware there, and I'm told it's unable to connect to server, error -4. This isn't a temporary outage, it's been like this for weeks. I've seen other people have this problem on other forums without solution, and DJI support was of no help. Thoughts?

Reactions: Gagey52
Sorry to hear of your dilemma, I’m surprised that DJI couldn’t help. I would contact them again and tell them that you want to return it, see what sort of reaction you get then.
Regards

I was having this exact issue and managed to find a fix today. I contacted DJI Support and they told me to downgrade the software to version 1.5.9. however, this is seemingly impossible on iPhone.

What worked for me was downloading the DJI Assistant 2 software (consumer drone series). Plug in the RC controller and turn it on. It should show in the assistant software. Click that and then go to firmware update, and update to the latest firmware. After that I was able to bind the controller to the drone.

Note: you may need to go into the file explorer and modify a file called defaultsettings. It is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)\DJIEngine
You'll just need to edit and change the upgrade_enable flags from 0 to 1.

Hope this helps others with the same issue

Reactions: retiredNH

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic