DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 circle... adjustments

photo2be

Reactions
Hi, have watched a few videos trying to get my head around Quickshot "flying in a circle". Haven't tried it yet. Here's a few questions.
Can I adjust the hight, speed and distance (radius) after the "circle" have started? Can I switch from video to photomode while in the air?
That's all for now...

EDIT: Where/how do I find the shoting mode icon?

Attachments

• mini2.jpg
    mini2.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
You cannot switch modes while in a Quick Shot but you can of course switch modes while in the air from photo to video using the app video and camera button.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

Hi, thanx, but do you agree with Phantomrain that you can switch from video to photo while "circling"?
Think you misunderstood what he meant ... quickshots is only for videoing, he just pointed out that you can switch to photo mode whilst airborne in general.

Here below DJI's own quick walk through the available quickshot modes ... in the end they specify that if the stick is moved the quickshots gets aborted.

A simple Google search give even more --> Google - dji mavic mini 2 quickshots
Or here a search directly on YouTube --> YT - dji mavic mini 2 quickshots

Reactions: Pitoeschke
Hi, thanx, but do you agree with Phantomrain that you can switch from video to photo while "circling"?
I think he just meant that while in the air doing video or photos you can easily switch from one to the other. You'd of course need to stop video to take a photo. The quick shots, however, must start and stop without interruption to complete their mission or cycle. Any effort to do a photo while in that mode will cause the drone to drop the programmed quick shot and just hover. Remember it is already doing video of the quick shot. Why do a photo during that mission when you can just go up and get any photo you want, from any angle, when it is complete?

I think he just meant that while in the air doing video or photos you can easily switch from one to the other. You'd of course need to stop video to take a photo. The quick shots, however, must start and stop without interruption to complete their mission or cycle. Any effort to do a photo while in that mode will cause the drone to drop the programmed quick shot and just hover. Remember it is already doing video of the quick shot. Why do a photo during that mission when you can just go up and get any photo you want, from any angle, when it is complete?
Well you are right, but it would be very convinient for my photo assigments to have the drone "auto-circle" slowly when I concentrate to take pics.

As far as I'm aware you can't do anything while you're using the quick shot mode.
Why would even consider changing from video to photo whilst in quick shot mode when you can capture a photo from any angle or time for that matter.
Is there something we're missing that your trying achieve but can't find the words to describe what it is your actually trying to accomplish?

Well you are right, but it would be very convinient for my photo assigments to have the drone "auto-circle" slowly when I concentrate to take pics.
I don't understand why you would want your drone to be moving while you are taking a photo?

Hello Photo2be:

You might look into the capabilities of some 3rd party applications like Maven. While not an immediate solution as support for the Mini 2 remains anticipated, I think those will eventually provide the functionality you seek.

Howard

Thanx Howard, auto-circle is on my wishlist because I consider myself as a much better photographer than dronepilot... ?
I see it highly unlikely that a feature like that would be coming. First, taking photos while in motion is not a good idea at all for quality and clarity. Second, it doesn't take much effort or experience to simply fly to certain points in the sky to take a photo. Third, it is much easier and productive to fly to a spot, aim carefully with the gimbal and yaw and "shoot." It would be easier than trying to shoot while the drone is moving on its own in a circle or some auto-pilot mode with no time consideration for gimbal or or camera options and adjustments, something which most professional photographers insist on. To use a typical phrase, it's better than just taking photos "on the fly."

Thanx Howard, auto-circle is on my wishlist because I consider myself as a much better photographer than dronepilot...

Another possibility might be to set up a time lapse and then fly the circle you want manually while the camera recorded at whatever interval you set. Then toss 99% of the images and keep the ones that recorded at the points you wanted. I haven't used time lapse with my Mini 2, so I'm not certain you can access the individual images but I suspect you can. I'm also not certain you can fly at will while recording a time lapse so this suggestion might be useless!

Setting your shutter speed manually to a relatively high value could lessen the negative effects of recording still images while the drone is in motion but I imagine you've already thought of that!

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Howard

• Love
Reactions: Grazuncle
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv