DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 2 props took a major licking and kept on ticking

mangurian

Reactions
I had an accident today. Mini 2 flipped over an obstruction and props were damaged. I didn't realize there was damage, because it kept flying, maintaining position, etc.
When I landed, I saw big chunks out of two props. I have switched them out, but it is nice to know that the mini 2 can take a licking and keep on ticking. I did get a nice crash video - head over heels and then kept flying.

BustedProps.jpg

Video not for public viewing.

That both props were broken rather equally was your saving grace. Had only one been damaged or the damage less equal, resulting vibration could have caused some problems.
They were both on the same leg = more imbalance.

I have to agree since both were broken the same way, it kept your drone from serious damage

They were both on the same leg = more imbalance.
Yes, I meant prop halves. Each motor/prop(1prop=2 blade halves) is it's own assembly, independent of the other three motors. Had only one prop half endured damage, or had the blade's breaks been dissimilar ref the pair, greater imbalance would result.
Not sure what type of RPM the Mini 2's motors range, but I had a prop(folder) failure on climb out on an electric sailplane who's motor spun at about 12,000 RPM. Sheared motor mount, damaged airframe. But for the wires, plane would have lost the motor, CG and likely control. So yes, you were pretty lucky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun