DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 "RC signal interference" with 24 sats and less than 75 meters from homepoint at 60 meters distance (no obstructions)

Ken-Mav-Mtl

Reactions
I have been getting "RC signal interference" with corresponding reduction of signal since I have updated the RC and AC to latest firmware.

I have tested the Mini 2 is both built up and in "park" spaces to minimize any outside interference and to make sure the drone has a clear line of sight to the RC.

I even have seen this message right after takeoff, where the drone is just a few meters away in a hover.

My last test showed the "RC signal interference" pops up for a few seconds and disappears seconds later, even when the Mini 2 is less than 75 meters away at 60 meters height and no obstructions.

I have owned a Mavic Pro for 3 years and a M2Z for the past 2 years, so have some experience with drones.

This problem should not occur and I am wondering if my updates have triggered this problem.

I have extracted a zip file of my last flight which I will upload if anyone can review and troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks

What app version do you have? On what type of phone?
There was a spate of similar connection warning complaints when 1.2 was launched and I got them with a previously flawless MM when I put 1.2... on a phone.
1.2.... came off the phone 20 or so minutes later and 1.6 or 1.9 went back on, no problems since then.
Unfortunately I think you are required to have 1.2 for the Mini 2 so if you have an early version you might need to update that.
But wait until people respond to any answer you give to this post.

Hey guys, I've lost my drone yesterday over water because of sudden connection loss. How may I extract the log? Thanks

1611428228301.png

What app version do you have? On what type of phone?
There was a spate of similar connection warning complaints when 1.2 was launched and I got them with a previously flawless MM when I put 1.2... on a phone.
1.2.... came off the phone 20 or so minutes later and 1.6 or 1.9 went back on, no problems since then.
Unfortunately I think you are required to have 1.2 for the Mini 2 so if you have an early version you might need to update that.
But wait until people respond to any answer you give to this post.
I use the latest app version 1.2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S8.

I wll be waiting for others to post their similar experiences and for those who can troubleshoot them.

I wll be waiting for others to post their similar experiences and for those who can troubleshoot them.
You will need to post the log for someone to do any analysis and I do not see a link etc. that contains it etc.
How may I extract the log? Thanks
Follow the instructions on DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help. That said, if this was a true connection loss the drone should have responded in accordance with the setting for loss of signal. The setting may still be visible in the app.
If the setting was/is RTH and the blue arrow head is the point of connection loss then the drone should have headed straight from there to the home point, so look along that flight path/red line.
If it was not a true loss of connection then I think the drone would have hovered until the low battery RTH was triggered and then RTH'd, most likely along the same flight path.
If the loss of signal response was "hover" then the drone would have hovered until the low battery RTH was triggered and then RTH'd.
If the loss of signal response was "land" then the drone may have gone diving but with luck it might have rejected the landing site, if that happens it would hover until........
So, look along the red line particularily where/if any of the ground beneath that flight path is ABOVE your RTH height

Attachments

• 1611428228301.png
    1611428228301.png
    725.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Thomas B
Here's a flight log from my last recent test.

It's my first attempt to upload a flight log so let me know if you have what you need or if I must try again to upload.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-01-21_[15-25-26][1]log.zip
    568 KB · Views: 14
Unfortunately DAT files for M2 are encrypted and cannot be processed. Thanks for reply.
Agreed it also seems that your txt flight log is encrypted.
Some? Mavic mini .txt flight logs recorded under 1.2. can be opened by the Phantomhelp webpage even though CsvView can not open them, But it seems that the Mini2 flight logs are unreadable by Phantomhelp.
I have tried your's twice, sorry.

I have just looked at the flight information (path and timeline) from the GoFly App and I noticed that during the "RC signal interference" message, the two signal strength indicators (in between the # of sats indicator and the battery icon) both remain at full strength. There are 5 out of 5 vertical bars, and 4 out of 4 curved bars showing during the "RC signal interference" messages.
So I doubt that this warning has anything to do with the strength of the signal between the AC and the RC at these close distances.

Attachments

• ScreenCaptures_2021-01-23-152857.png
    ScreenCaptures_2021-01-23-152857.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
Thanks for trying to open the files. I believe that I followed the instructions on the link:

Is there any other way for me to share my flight data with someone on these forums?

Should I make an inquiry with DJI on the basis of faulty controller software? Any suggestions would be helpful to resolve this issue.

As it stands, I do not have much confidence flying my Mini 2.

I have my M2Z, but since I am in Class "C" airspace most of the time, I need to obtain a flight authorization every time I use my M2Z in my home area. That was one of the main reasons I bought the Mini 2.

with an android phone connected to a windows pc, Mavic Mini logs are in

computer/name/phone/DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord for DJIFlightRecord_yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss].txt
and
computer/name/phone/DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords for y-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss_FLYabc.DAT

I assume the structure is similar for the mini 2. Providing you access those or their equivalents then they are, I believe the correct files. Why was it zipped?

Another log site you could try is Airdata but I haven't a clue what you have to do there nor whether it works with mini 2 logs. If I have the name wrong try searches in here, it and Phantomhelp seem to be the two go to's.
Last thing there might be a chance there is a DAT on the drone's mSD card, see post #13 on LOGs inside the SD card - I WANT TO KNOW

I've read somewhere that this message is shown when RC itself in high interference area. Not between RC and drone.
Some say it might come from different smartphones, that BTW emit and receive many "radio" waves - wifi, Bluetooth, 3G, 4G and moreover are mounted closest to RC antenna than ever before on DJI RCs.
I have been getting "RC signal interference" with corresponding reduction of signal since I have updated the RC and AC to latest firmware.

I have tested the Mini 2 is both built up and in "park" spaces to minimize any outside interference and to make sure the drone has a clear line of sight to the RC.

I even have seen this message right after takeoff, where the drone is just a few meters away in a hover.

My last test showed the "RC signal interference" pops up for a few seconds and disappears seconds later, even when the Mini 2 is less than 75 meters away at 60 meters height and no obstructions.

I have owned a Mavic Pro for 3 years and a M2Z for the past 2 years, so have some experience with drones.

This problem should not occur and I am wondering if my updates have triggered this problem.

I have extracted a zip file of my last flight which I will upload if anyone can review and troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks

I have obtained the file of the correct date which shows up as a txt file. Hopefully this is the correct file.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-01-21_[15-25-26].txt
    584.8 KB · Views: 2
That doesn't work. :(
Did you have a look to see if there is a log.log file on the memorty card? Last sentence of post #14

Do you have any neighbors within a mile or 10? Its possible that they are running a wifi booster that is causing your frequency havoc. I had a neighbor that ran a business through his home and was having a lot of speed problems so Comcast Cable installed a 2 watt booster. I could not fly past a couple blocks away at all times. When I got away from the area, my range increased dramatically and also my Dji RE Goggles worked. This is using a Mavic Pro 2 which is also running Ocusync. Try recalibrating your imu and compass at a different location and report back. Good luck!

Reactions: ckoerner
Thanks for trying to open the files. I believe that I followed the instructions on the link:

Is there any other way for me to share my flight data with someone on these forums?

Should I make an inquiry with DJI on the basis of faulty controller software? Any suggestions would be helpful to resolve this issue.

As it stands, I do not have much confidence flying my Mini 2.

I have my M2Z, but since I am in Class "C" airspace most of the time, I need to obtain a flight authorization every time I use my M2Z in my home area. That was one of the main reasons I bought the Mini 2.
If you are in the U.S. (no location in your signature) the FAA will grant multiple square mile clearances that work for two years... I hold one for my M2P. They were very helpful on this.

Had the same thing the past couple of flights. Flying on open moorland, no power lines. 27 satellites yet at only 30 metres altitude and 117 metres distance I had the RC signal interference. It cleared at 137 metres and then happened again at 214m. Very inconsistent and this is an an area where I've flown previously without an issue.

App or firmware? Also is this happening on IOS, Android or both? I'm on Android.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying