DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 RID

Then why does it say it is currently broadcasting RID in the owners manual.
I guess so people know it can comply with that upcoming FAA requirement?

That feature was added in firmware version 01.00.0400. Older firmware versions are not broadcasting Remote ID data.

Reactions: LoudThunder

That feature was added in firmware version 01.00.0400. Older firmware versions are not broadcasting Remote ID data.

Correct on the second part

• Wow
What about the first part?
Lol,well it still appears that DJI stuffed the RID down the owners throats of the mini 3 pro with the
latest firmware update.So can comply ,I think can be changed to do not have a choice in the matter.
As RID has been implemented in the mini 3 pro.
I know there are some mini 3 pro users that did not do a firmware upgrade yet,but I have feeling that
when the law starts up in Sept. for RID A firmware upgrade will be forced on us,as in upgrade or will not
be able to take off.

• Wow
I have feeling that
when the law starts up in Sept. for RID A firmware upgrade will be forced on us,as in upgrade or will not
be able to take off
DJI rarely pushes forced firmware updates. I can only recall once instance of them doing that in the past 6 years when there was a major Phantom defect that was causing drones to crash.

RID is most likely going to be part of all future drones. That said, anyone who wants to take advantage of the latest features and aircraft models will have to use RID too. And I don't think most people are concerned by it. This seems to be a case of the loud minority speaking out against it.

DJI rarely pushes forced firmware updates. I can only recall once instance of them doing that in the past 6 years when there was a major Phantom defect that was causing drones to crash.

RID is most likely going to be part of all future drones. That said, anyone who wants to take advantage of the latest features and aircraft models will have to use RID too. And I don't think most people are concerned by it. This seems to be a case of the loud minority speaking out against it.
I guess so , wait until it gets closer to Sept.when the complaining really starts.
In the end everything will work out.

• Wow
wait until it gets closer to Sept.when the complaining really starts
You can bet on it. Some people always looking for that next thing to complain about ;)

You can bet on it. Some people always looking for that next thing to complain about ;)
Once it starts in Sept. I really do not really think we will really notice it much.
I am a little concerned about the people that will be able to find my launch
location on their phones.Maybe the range will be limited and the person would have to be pretty close by to pick up ones signal.

Maybe the range will be limited and the person would have to be pretty close by to pick up ones signal
Yes, the range is limited. So, receivers will only be able to receive RID data while RID enabled drones are within range.

So from what I read, the last firmware update enabled RID, is there a Registration ID somewhere to be found ? I am planning to fly to Japan with my Mini 2, and they ask for the registration ID. I believe this has something to do with RID but I can't find anything about where to find this ID.

I am planning to fly to Japan with my Mini 2
As a tourist, you will need to submit an application for permission or approval to the Ministry of Land Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism for at least 10 days before you fly a your Drone. I think their email address is:

[email protected]

here is a quick link to the laws governing flying drones in Japan. I do not know if these only apply to local nationals or if you as a tourist require other special permissions/licenses/registration.

Good Luck!

As a tourist, you will need to submit an application for permission or approval to the Ministry of Land Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism for at least 10 days before you fly a your Drone. I think their email address is:

[email protected]

here is a quick link to the laws governing flying drones in Japan. I do not know if these only apply to local nationals or if you as a tourist require other special permissions/licenses/registration.

Good Luck!
Thank you very much for your kind help. From what I saw online, tourist now have to make the UA registration application (here), which I did, but in order to complete the registration, fees have to be paid but whenever I tried to pay them, they ask for information such as regsitration number, which I have, but also registration ID, which I don't have and don't know where to find. I am really sorry if this is off-topic, I first thought they meant some kind of RID number, but if anybody knows more about it I m willing to know as well :)

• Wow

Attachments

• вектор-символ-значок-аплодисменты--векторный-клипарт_csp81927701.jpg
    вектор-символ-значок-аплодисменты--векторный-клипарт_csp81927701.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads