DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 April potential

With the mediamarkt/Saturn group not allowed to carry it? I think Europe is less likely but I 100% hope I’m wrong about this

With the mediamarkt/Saturn group not allowed to carry it? I think Europe is less likely but I 100% hope I’m wrong about this
Despite previous attempts, Germany does not speak for the rest of Europe. So, it will more than likely be available in most places.

I do understand peoples desire to get their hands on one but it really is much smarter to stay a year behind imho
I'd have no objection to be a field beta tester for the Mini-3. In fact, I'd love to do it! If it has issues, well, it wouldn't be the only drone that I have available to fly. I won't be grounded while the issues are being worked out, and I think the process would be fun. I'm very good at observing and documenting things.

Unless the pricing is insanely high, I'll be getting one when they come out, or pre-ordering if that's the way it works out. My price guess is that it will cost $600 for a basic kit, drone-controller-1 battery.

The rumors of multiple versions does complicate the pricing question a bit. My $600 guess would be for the base version. If the higher versions have my advanced flight features, I'd take a look at that. If it's just more advanced camera/optics than the base version, I'll pass. DJI already has plenty of good photo drones.

Count on there being a spate of new Mini-3 rumors tomorrow...

;-)

TCS

Nobody has ever been able to tell the difference between mini 1 and 2 video quality
Well, since I finally secured the Mini-1 that I've been looking for, and I already have Mini-2s, I should be able to do a direct apples-to-apples test in my own environment pretty soon!

:cool:

TCS

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I’m also in Europe. Occusynch isn’t just about distance. It’s about the quality of the connection (the wifi on the 1 is woeful), and the video downlink. It’s also about the wind resistance. Hugely improved on the 2.
The improvement isn’t just about the camera.
Obviously, the 3 should be better than the 2, otherwise it’s pointless. I will likely buy one asap. But, it’s genuinely mind boggling that you think there wasn’t a marked improvement from the 1 to the 2.
I fly in a remote canyon in the USA. I believe that being able to see it's flashy little Arc V butt counts as being within VLOS. As a result, I find myself limited by RC signal strength, rather than VLOS.

It's hard to imagine that Occusync 2.0 isn't way better than plain vanilla WiFi, but I'll know soon enough! If the Mini-3 has Occusync 3.0, and it's significantly better than Occusync 2.0 in terms of control signal strength and range, that would be a very useful improvement.

TCS

Sensor size on the mini 3.
I sure hope they at the very least match the sensor size of the Nano+.
Otherwise it's probably game over before it started.
Oh, I dunno...

Some people are more concerned with flight issues, than photography issues.

;-)

TCS

I think buying a drone now is not a good idea until we see Mini 3. From my observation, Mini 3 will be (nearly) in the class of Air 2S but giving that great benefit of being sub 250g. I have Mini 2 and I really love it but it cannot compete with something like Air 2S. Heck, it cannot even compete with Autel Nano Evo+ for photography needs. Yes, Evo Nano+ is more expensive but it gives all those great things (albeit with some issues) in sub-250g. Mini 3 can and should change this completely. So my position is to wait and see what Mini 3 delivers and after that make the decision. The logic that there's always something better on the horizon, while being true (IMHO) is not a rational decision making.
The 250g issue is much less of a Big Deal here in the USA.

As far as I've been able to tell, the only thing that's different is that if it's over 250g, you have to register it, which is quick, painless, and almost free at just 5 bucks. My Mini-2s are all registered.

I'll be interested to see if the higher level versions of the Mini-3 stick to the 250g limit. If a higher level version had additional features that I wanted, it wouldn't bother me at all if it weighed 300+ grams.

I wonder what fraction of DJI sales are in the USA, and how that fraction has evolved over time?

TCS

Asking out of ignorance...what is this group, why would they not be allowed to sell the Mini-3, and why would they, in particular, matter?

Thx,

TCS

The 250g issue is much less of a Big Deal here in the USA.

As far as I've been able to tell, the only thing that's different is that if it's over 250g, you have to register it, which is quick, painless, and almost free at just 5 bucks. My Mini-2s are all registered.

I'll be interested to see if the higher level versions of the Mini-3 stick to the 250g limit. If a higher level version had additional features that I wanted, it wouldn't bother me at all if it weighed 300+ grams.

I wonder what fraction of DJI sales are in the USA, and how that fraction has evolved over time?

TCS
Even though I don't care either because I have mine registered too. I think the whole purpose for the Mini line is to weight less than 250g. Almost all countries in the world have some kind of regulations on drones weighting more than 250g.

Even though I don't care either because I have mine registered too. I think the whole purpose for the Mini line is to weight less than 250g. Almost all countries in the world have some kind of regulations on drones weighting more than 250g.
Perhaps true.

But if they're going to have three versions, it would be entirely reasonable for the base, under 250g version to be produced for the rest of the world, while the higher levels, more expensive and perhaps over 250g, would be targeted primarily to the USA.

Not certain, but certainly plausible, and I hope it turns out that way!

:cool:

TCS

That is the best reviewer on YouTube btw as he is the only one that actually tests the drones and also uses it for photogrammetry and such.

Everybody who claimed better video quality in mini 2 is a lier. Mini3 will have REAL improvements

Asking out of ignorance...what is this group, why would they not be allowed to sell the Mini-3, and why would they, in particular, matter?

Thx,

TCS
It is the biggest retailer in all of Europe. In many countries the (only) official DJI partner, they would not be allowed to sell the mini 3 as it is a DJI product and this would matter for Europe if you understand any of the above

It is the biggest retailer in all of Europe. In many countries the (only) official DJI partner, they would not be allowed to sell the mini 3 as it is a DJI product and this would matter for Europe if you understand any of the above

What evidence is there of a boycott or ban of DJI products by "Europe" is there? Are you talking about the European Union? One retailer has discontinued (temporarily?) selling DJI products. Is there anything beyond that to suggest a continent-wide action?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aw.mydrone