DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 3 chargers

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
How many watts can a Mini3 make use of when plugged into the drone? The manual says 30W but would a 60W charger be faster? With some of DJI drones the chargers can be over the basic specs and it will charge faster.

How to compromise the safety/reliability of the battery...charge it above the recommended power stated in the specs.
Charge it with 300W and please post the results after a few cycles

I charged mine with an 80W laptop PD charger a few day ago. Doesn't seem to go any faster than with a 30W wall-wart.
The amount of current draw will be limited by the drone / charging cradle rather than the charger itself.

Reactions: SpinItUp
The amount of current draw will be limited by the drone / charging cradle rather than the charger itself.
This. the drone will take what it wants, not more. If charger is weak and cant support it, it will take what it can.
You can hook it up to 300 000 Watt charger and it will still only charge 30 watts.

How many watts can a Mini3 make use of when plugged into the drone? The manual says 30W but would a 60W charger be faster? With some of DJI drones the chargers can be over the basic specs and it will charge faster.

Mini 3 Pro draws 28.7W maximum charging. Anything higher wont speed things up.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Faster
Best thing you can do for speed is parallel charger, have 3-4 batteries charged in same time it takes to charge 1.

Reactions: Hauptmann
How to compromise the safety/reliability of the battery...charge it above the recommended power stated in the specs.
Charge it with 300W and please post the results after a few cycles
Unnecessary snark. So tiresome. So juvenile.

I could well be wrong but I believe the Mav 3 batteries can take more than the nominal charge and can benefit from it in terms of charging time.

Unnecessary snark. So tiresome. So juvenile.
It's also clueless with absolutely no idea how charging or USB-C PD works. Or in fact how any charging system has worked for the last 20 years.

The device asks for a specific power and is given that by the charger. As the battery gets fuller the power it requests reduces.

The Mini3 wants 28.7W initially and reduces to about 6W before finishing charge. Doesn't matter if its on a 30W charger, 60W charger or a 300W charger, it still only requests and gets 28.7W.

Has anyone found a good, simple wall-wart type 120V 30 W charger for the Mini 3 Pro while we're waiting for the Fly More Kits to be shipped?
You want a 30w PD type charger or larger. Say 2 ports, 1 charging the hub (30w) and 1 charging the controller (30w)
I have a Anker 736 PD charger that handles everything.

Last edited:
Controller doesn't pull anything like 30W to charge.
The RC-N1 is about 8. The DJI RC is more but a lot less than 30W.

You want a 30w PD type charger or larger. Say 2 ports, 1 charging the hub (30w) and 1 charging the controller (30w)
I have a Anker 736 PD charger that handles everything.
Thanks. That raises an interesting question. Does the Fly More Kit include a power supply. Most people reading about the kit with "two-day charging hub" might assume that the kit has batteries and everything needed to charge them.

But, there's no power supply shown in the photos, just a USB cable and the three-bay hub. Can anyone who has received a Fly More Kit confirm?

Thanks. That raises an interesting question. Does the Fly More Kit include a power supply. Most people reading about the kit with "two-day charging hub" might assume that the kit has batteries and everything needed to charge them.

But, there's no power supply shown in the photos, just a USB cable and the three-bay hub. Can anyone who has received a Fly More Kit confirm?
Like others, the Mini 2 did not come with a wall wart. They sold a 1 USB-A port 18w unit. The Mini 3 Pro did not come with a wall wart, or in the FMK, released along a 1 USB-C port 30w unit, (Which was also not ready on ordering day)
Any good quality PD charger will work. 18w works, 30w works, 50w works and higher. The PD=power delivery only charges at the power the item requires.
That is why I would look into a multi port style. 30w USB-C going to the controller, a a USB-C going to the battery hub. So that would mean a 60w or higher multi port charger. Good cables too.
I am using a Anker 736 100w Charger
A good youtube video from ChargerLAB show a bunch of different chargers charging a Mini 3 Pro

ChargerLAB Mini 3 Pro Charging

Last edited:
Like others, the Mini 2 did not come with a wall wart. They sold a 1 USB-A port 18w unit. The Mini 3 Pro did not come with a wall wart, or in the FMK, released along a 1 USB-C port 30w unit, (Which was also not ready on ordering day)
Any good quality PD charger will work. 18w works, 30w works, 50w works and higher. The PD=power delivery only charges at the power the item requires.
That is why I would look into a multi port style. 30w USB-C going to the controller, a a USB-C going to the battery hub. So that would mean a 60w or higher multi port charger. Good cables too.
A good youtube video from ChargerLAB show a bunch of different chargers charging a Mini 3 Pro

ChargerLAB Mini 3 Pro Charging
Yes, I'd forgotten that the Mini 2 did not come with a power supply. Thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith Milligan