DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Mini 3 Pro Active Track Cycling

Testing Active Track modes while cycling with the Mini 3 Pro. Impressed with how well it followed and how smooth it turned out.

Nice work. Where do you keep the controller when cycling. I'm doing similar activity & put it in backpack, but looking for a better option.

I wore out my road bike and replaced it with a mountain bike. I should not have done that but instead went with a gravel bike. Nice video, the angle of flight made me wonder if we were going to hit anything which made it better to watch. (because we didn’t)

I've had a dabble with active track on the Mini3 and so far am impressed. Am looking forward to using it a bit for mountain biking. With no side-looking OA it does require a bit of planning, especially for parallel follow.

Did you find you were hitting its speed limit at all?

@Gusto have a look at this thread that discusses a few options for handlebar mounting:

I wore out my road bike and replaced it with a mountain bike. I should not have done that but instead went with a gravel bike. Nice video, the angle of flight made me wonder if we were going to hit anything which made it better to watch. (because we didn’t)
The Mini3 was over a flat field with no trees or wires so nothing much to run into.

Reactions: TwoSticks
I've had a dabble with active track on the Mini3 and so far am impressed. Am looking forward to using it a bit for mountain biking. With no side-looking OA it does require a bit of planning, especially for parallel follow.

Did you find you were hitting its speed limit at all?

@Gusto have a look at this thread that discusses a few options for handlebar mounting:
I was up to about 28-30 km/h and didn't see any issues. It was very low wind conditions though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan