DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro SD Card removal Problem

camelopardis

Reactions
Is anyone else having a problem removing sd cards from the Mini 3. I inserted a 128GB I was happily using in the Mini 2, but removal was extremely difficult, Pushing in with my thumbnail wasn't resulting in the usual popping out of the card. In the end, I had to use an extremely fine pair of tweezers to pull the card out. This can't be working as intended?

Reactions: MJ224
Working just fine here. I can see it being a bit of an issue for those without and fingernails as it does need to be pushed in a fair way, but with a couple of mm thumbnail I’m doing ok. The usual click is still there too.
One thing that threw me to start, coming from the mini 2 is the card now needs to be the other way up, ie label down on the 3.

Last edited:
a simple easy to make device to remove insert card is a used flat wooden ice lolly stick
cut it in half and with a bit of sand paper smooth off the flat edge of the cut end and then taper it down a bit if needed ,it is a perfect fit in the card slot

yeah i found this out when i inserted an sd card in the bottom of the rc and i had to take it out to format it and it was extremely painful experience.

its funny , because this is why I purchase two drones, one of the most hit and miss on the drones is the SD card slots as they can really ruin the experience with your drone. I have sent a couple back because they are just to far in. without a good pop..

Also when you go to resell your drone , others will notice it also. Not so good maybe

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain . Land on the water.

Thanks for replies. The problem hasnt been "pushing it in in order to pop out the card" ... I am able to "push in" the card fine when attemptinmg removal, the problem is that most of the time it won't subsequentl;y pop out. It moves in a bit as you push it in, but it doesnt pop out proud enough of the slot to be able to grab it and remove it.

Strangely I've had success using some old no-name low capacity 2gb cards - i used them to practice with as It didnt matter if i damaged the cards a bit getting them out. They popped out fine when removing. But my large capacity Samsung and Sandisk cards consistently get stuck and I need tweezers to remove. However, its still very difficult and each time, I'm causing micro-damage to the edge of the card - this really isnt ideal

the problem is that most of the time it won't subsequentl;y pop out. It moves in a bit as you push it in,
Ah ha, the secret is to push it in with the finest tool you can find, then whilst it is fully pushed in slip the tool off the card. The card then becomes spring propelled missile and disappears into the clear blue yonder :D .

Actually I am glad you explained yourself because I thought you used the tweezers to pull out a locked in card.

Quizás esto te ayude: Poner una gota de cola tipo cianoacrilato y un hilo de pescar de pequeño diámetro en cada memoria y la longitud mínima necesaria para facilitar la extracción de la tarjeta.

Someone needs to 3D print and sell a micro SD card removal tool. It is a gigantic pain in the butt on the Mavic 3 as well and also upside down. 🤔
Being a fine-finger klutz, this problem has been with me from the outset. The card slots in my new FPV are far worse than the slots in the Minis in this regard. When I first went to take one out, I ended up having to use a small screwdriver tip to push it in enough that it would then pop (not far enough) out.

I don't know whether the slots are loosening up, or if I'm just getting better at it with practice, but it seems to be less of a problem now.

Is anyone else having a problem removing sd cards from the Mini 3. I inserted a 128GB I was happily using in the Mini 2, but removal was extremely difficult, Pushing in with my thumbnail wasn't resulting in the usual popping out of the card. In the end, I had to use an extremely fine pair of tweezers to pull the card out. This can't be working as intended?
It's easier by opening the back legs first

Tweezers are a handy tool to keep in the case -- just n case : )
I rarely need to remove the mini sd card until returning home. I wonder how many flyers change out sd cards in the field. If so, it pays to have a higher capacity card don't you think?

Early on I had to use tweezers to remove mini sd from a standard sd card, but for some unknown reason, that has not happened lately. Wonder what makes the mini 3 different?

Tweezers are a handy tool to keep in the case -- just n case : )
I rarely need to remove the mini sd card until returning home. I wonder how many flyers change out sd cards in the field. If so, it pays to have a higher capacity card don't you think?

Early on I had to use tweezers to remove mini sd from a standard sd card, but for some unknown reason, that has not happened lately. Wonder what makes the mini 3 different?
Guys! It's really easy to remove the SD card from the M3 if you move the back legs out of the way. In fact, by pressing on the card, it will literally jump out of the slot and you could even lose it if it goes under a sofa (which happened to me). Absolutely no need for tweezers.

Dale

Reactions: Octisurfer
I just leave it in😛
I like the gratification I get from pulling out the SD card, inserting it into my iMAC, opening the files, and downloading the images or clips I like. The card is very easily accessed if I fold out the legs first.

Someone needs to 3D print and sell a micro SD card removal tool. It is a gigantic pain in the butt on the Mavic 3 as well and also upside down. 🤔

I have done just that, but I am not selling physical copies, instead people can purchase the file and then print it for themself:

Use the corner of a credit/debit card (or any store card, whatever) pops right out and may even hit you in the face due to the retention in the port

Why take It out? I just leave it 🤔 in & connect up to the pc to save on the hd. Works every time.

I had zero problems, but why would anybody need a tool? A spare micro SD card has the exact size and everything

Didn't have a problem removing it..........but DID have a problem getting it to 'stick' back in........enough of a worry to where I don't want to remove it now to transfer files........ I plug the AC in now.........

You'd think on a $1,000 product they'd have this work flawlessly.......much cheaper products don't have this problem.........

Z

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne