DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
RS6_Pilot if you are talking about a saltwater shore line I suspect not many floatation systems will save a drone unless you are flying on a windless and flat calm day. Normal wave action would, I think, be too much for them to stay the right way up and they would capsize.
I would think any saltwater swim will be fatal.

Reactions: RS6_Pilot
RS6_Pilot if you are talking about a saltwater shore line I suspect not many floatation systems will save a drone unless you are flying on a windless and flat calm day. Normal wave action would, I think, be too much for them to stay the right way up and they would capsize.
I would think any saltwater swim will be fatal.
Okay thanks for the info.

I try and stay at least 30-50 feet above the water and waves. And the further I fly from the shoreline the higher I go. My favorite spot has a bluff of about 400 feet so I fly across and then down. My heart drops everytime I get the lost signal alert but knock on wood it always comes back.....or starts return to home.

And the further I fly from the shoreline the higher I go.......My heart drops everytime I get the lost signal alert
For reference I got a Mavic Mini out to just over 2km over open sea, all at around 60 to 70ft above seal level, it lost connection about 70m beyond spec (2km CE version) which I thought was really go going.
Climbing does help control range but be careful you don't go to extremes of unnecessary height, besides which descent consumes battery power too.
Just in case...... I would suggest that routinely? flying in areas that you know are likley to cause loss of signal is perhaps not the wisest thing to do, ditto flying so that the edge of the cliff? is, I presume, between the controller.
I have flown from a sea cliff top, I love doing that, to -380ft but I moved, if needed, to keep line of sight between the drone and the controller even if that meant hovering the drone whilst I moved.

For reference I got a Mavic Mini out to just over 2km over open sea, all at around 60 to 70ft above seal level, it lost connection about 70m beyond spec (2km CE version) which I thought was really go going.
Climbing does help control range but be careful you don't go to extremes of unnecessary height, besides which descent consumes battery power too.
Just in case...... I would suggest that routinely? flying in areas that you know are likley to cause loss of signal is perhaps not the wisest thing to do, ditto flying so that the edge of the cliff? is, I presume, between the controller.
I have flown from a sea cliff top, I love doing that, to -380ft but I moved, if needed, to keep line of sight between the drone and the controller even if that meant hovering the drone whilst I moved.
Yes the cliff is between the controller and drone. I know it's a big no no. Especially when I"m already almost a mile away from the coast ?? ..... Guess I have a lot of faith in RTH.

I"m no longer going down into cliff unless I'm there. From now on I'll stay at my elevation (which is twice as high but I have direct line with nothing between us).

Thanks for the good advice ?

Regarding flying from the top of a 400ft cliff at cliff top level, once over the sea are you not awfully close to the AGL ceiling in the USA? (Ok it would be ASL but I am sure you get the idea)
Descent may be necessary or wise, changing the location of the controller is perhaps a better solution than sticking at cliff top level.

Regarding flying from the top of a 400ft cliff at cliff top level, once over the sea are you not awfully close to the AGL ceiling in the USA? (Ok it would be ASL but I am sure you get the idea)
Descent may be necessary or wise, changing the location of the controller is perhaps a better solution than sticking at cliff top level.
?????

I’m sorry for your loss of your drone [emoji853]
But it is very kind of of you to give away your drone [emoji106][emoji120]
Hopefully soon you will be able to get another one. May God bless you always.

Sorry for your loss.

Where does OP say he is giving it away?

Why did you crash your MINI intentionally !? What a waste... another perfectly good Mini littering the sea.
You could have donated it to charity or dropped it at a thrift store where the next user could have replaced all the props.

Cause the messages were very clear... you ignored them all. That AC had flattened, deformed propellers or anyhow some that were not providing the required amount of lift. You did so for a A LONG TIME until the AC couldn't handle it anymore... considering even the status of the sea and the almost ubiquitous strong winds associated with that kind of environment that was a deliberate and despicable act.

Last edited:
Reactions: AusFlyer
Did you RTH as soon as you noticed a problem. And in some part of the video you were so close to the beach. Could you not crash it there ? Not to blame you, but just wondering. Or did the drone not respond to any input on the remote at all ?

Did you RTH as soon as you noticed a problem. And in some part of the video you were so close to the beach. Could you not crash it there ? Not to blame you, but just wondering. Or did the drone not respond to any input on the remote at all ?
at 1:02 you see me flying above the land and i dit the pilot crahs motion(handles fast left then right) but it didn't crash!
I hat totally no control!

Why did you crash your MINI intentionally !? What a waste... another perfectly good Mini littering the sea.
You could have donated it to charity or dropped it at a thrift store where the next user could have replaced all the props.

Cause the messages were very clear... you ignored them all. That AC had flattened, deformed propellers or anyhow some that were not providing the required amount of lift. You did so for a A LONG TIME until the AC couldn't handle it anymore... considering even the status of the sea and the almost ubiquitous strong winds associated with that kind of environment that was a deliberate and despicable act.
Why are you talking like a dead chicken?!

at 1:02 you see me flying above the land and i dit the pilot crahs motion(handles fast left then right) but it didn't crash!
I hat totally no control!

That’s not the CSC maneuver though...

See below
1d92863afecf4931a4cd35eebbd49853.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev