DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini or Air?

glc482

Reactions
I purchased a Mavic Mini a few weeks ago, with accessory kit for $400. I found a website that is selling the Mavic Air for $549, with a second battery and spare memory card. Is it worth buying the Air and sell the Mini? I see that Mini's like mine are going for around $400 on bay . Due to rainy weather in northeast, I have only flown the Mini once. I am relatively new at flying drones. I would assume that having obstacle avoidance on the Air would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I purchased a Mavic Mini a few weeks ago, with accessory kit for $400. I found a website that is selling the Mavic Air for $549, with a second battery and spare memory card. Is it worth buying the Air and sell the Mini? I see that Mini's like mine are going for around $400 on bay . Due to rainy weather in northeast, I have only flown the Mini once. I am relatively new at flying drones. I would assume that having obstacle avoidance on the Air would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

The Mavic Air is a much more potent drone in all aspects ... it have exactly the same reliable flight characteristics & wind resistance as both the Mavic Pro & Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. On top of that all camera adjustments & formats you will need in order to be able to grow a photo interest & OD sensors to assist you to a degree when coming too close to something.

To this package you also have a portability on par with the Mini & a possibility to fly either without the RC only phone ... or without all & only by your hand.

Comparing the Mini with the Air is like comparing apples & oranges ... completely different possibilities. Add in so you have 4 batteries and you are good for at least 1,5-2 hours of drone fiddling.

Thanks to "Zeroing" and "Slup"! I think by your responses, I will go with the Air. And Slup, it is the one that you referenced in your response.

Reactions: NAVMAV

here is a refurbished fly more kit for $599

i just bought a fly more mini 2 months ago. wish I would of bought the air. would like to sell but have no idea where to go

I have owned my Air for 2 years and still love it for its compactness and capabilities. I have safely flown it in a 25 knot wind with no worries. Don’t try this with your mini. If anything, I wish my Air had sensors for collision avoidance on the sides. I often fly sideways and take extra precautions because this makes the Air susceptible to hitting branches or the like. I would feel even more handicapped with the Mini. IMHO spend the difference now and get the better drone. You won’t regret this.

Reactions: NAVMAV and txkaiser
I have owned my Air for 2 years and still love it for its compactness and capabilities. I have safely flown it in a 25 knot wind with no worries. Don’t try this with your mini. If anything, I wish my Air had sensors for collision avoidance on the sides. I often fly sideways and take extra precautions because this makes the Air susceptible to hitting branches or the like. I would feel even more handicapped with the Mini. IMHO spend the difference now and get the better drone. You won’t regret this.
with the newest firmware yesterday for the mini, it included flight stability. I took it up today, kind of windy and performed well, with no high wind warnings. I'm really interested in the new Mavic 2 air, Dji is going to release. Looks to be priced around 799.00. Hopefully we get another stimulus check lol

I'm thinking about a month or three after the Air2 comes out, the original Air can be had for a very good price... I'm counting on that, saving up, and waiting for it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69