DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missed Delivery of MM

The times our little patrol boat pulled alongside the MM ships out in VungTau harbor are a treat to remember. Yall treated us steak dinners and unbelievable hospitality. We would return the favor by bringing large sea bass we’d “catch” by throwing concussion grenades in the water. 4 and 5 ft fish were very common. Never killed any slopes but all kinds of sea life floated up. ??‍♂️???‍♂️
Love it. Captain's license turned into a career. Visiting family in Chattanooga and just taught my son and grandson to fly the mini and p4p. Must be nice to be young cuz they took to it in minutes. Just one day and they are ordering their own Minis they didn't even know they needed it. They're hooked.

I had them ship mine USPS priority mail since there was no indication of how it would be shipped with the free shipping. USPS would and did deliver on Saturday, the other carriers do not with their regular ground delivery.
No signature was required and I was out of the house for a while when it was delivered. Not sure if it was requested and ignored by USPS, but it didn't appear to be required based on what I could see on the labels.
Kudos to Florida Drone Supply - I cancelled order with DJI on Monday, ordered on Monday and it is scheduled for delivery today using USPS priority mail, as well. Very nice and quick service, at least seller did all they could. USPS is the USPS.

Mine shipped fedex international 3 day from China direct to my door.

My father-in-law was captain of the USS Mercer. He was a plank owner. It was a hospital ship in the delta. All the river boats used it as a home base on the delta.

thanks for your service. Gods bless those who fought for America to keep us free.
We’d all be speaking German if you weren’t there for us!

Reactions: Capt KO
You could always head out to p.o. in the morning, before 930ish, depend on local po. (My p.o. mail carriers go out b4 10am). Abd ask for your package and mails.

20 miles away from po? Where are u at? I live in country and 20 miles is like 4 or 5 p.o. away
Originally USPS said I'd receive on Monday by 8pm but since FDS is 5 hours away and in USPS's hands by 3pm Friday, I was sure I'd get it Saturday. I think it was 5am Saturday USPS switched to saying delivery would be Saturday. Then or a few hours later it was out for delivery between 10am and 12:30pm. I had an engagement that day and had to pick up my dad so I left my house about 11:10. We left his house at around 11:20 where on the way to where we were going, and not yet past where I'd turn to go to my house, I got a text that it was delivered and at my door. Detour!

You could always head out to p.o. in the morning, before 930ish, depend on local po. (My p.o. mail carriers go out b4 10am). Abd ask for your package and mails.

20 miles away from po? Where are u at? I live in country and 20 miles is like 4 or 5 p.o. away
Were you meaning to quote the OP instead of me?
In my case PO wasn't open until 10am. By that time my package would be on the truck for at least an hour already.
But it was delivered around 11:20am, and I had received a text message immediately after delivery. Had I known it would be delivered then, I could have remained home and head over to Dad's right after. Waiting until 12:30 would have made me late for the drone workshop I facilitate so I had to plan for that possibility.

Yes i meant post office... it opens at 10. Wow.. i thought all P.O. open at same time - 8am...

This is most remote P.O. i had seen. It turns to be the smallest P.O. in USA....
Were you meaning to quote the OP instead of me?
In my case PO wasn't open until 10am. By that time my package would be on the truck for at least an hour already.
But it was delivered around 11:20am, and I had received a text message immediately after delivery. Had I known it would be delivered then, I could have remained home and head over to Dad's right after. Waiting until 12:30 would have made me late for the drone workshop I facilitate so I had to plan for that possibility.
20180824_145703.jpeg

I was not 20 miles from PO, OP was, which is why I asked if you meant to quote me or him.

My post office opens at 8:30 weekdays, but delivery was Saturday, where they open at 10am and close at 2pm. Other offices near me open at 9am weekdays.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven