DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missed Delivery of MM

W5CI

Reactions
I ordered a MM Fly More kit from Florida Drone Supply, it was shipped quickly and was attempted to deliver today very fast shipping. However since I was not advised that it wa Signature Required I must now wait until tomorrow and drive 20 miles to pick it up a Post Office. needless to say I am very unhappy and have told FDS of my displeasure. sorry for the rant but I was ready to try to fly

Reactions: milovan
I had them ship mine USPS priority mail since there was no indication of how it would be shipped with the free shipping. USPS would and did deliver on Saturday, the other carriers do not with their regular ground delivery.
No signature was required and I was out of the house for a while when it was delivered. Not sure if it was requested and ignored by USPS, but it didn't appear to be required based on what I could see on the labels.

DDS no longer ship drones w/o signature required.. actually cost more but before we implemented signature required we had instances were customer stated they never got...tracking showed left at front door. Maybe they are telling the truth and someone swiped it (a lot of that going on) or they just want a free drone. Either way it is the seller who is out the drone and the $.
So most sellers will only ship signature required, we use fedex and they try 3 delivery attempts to get a signature if not gets returned to sender.

DHL delivered mine i got a text telling me a delivery slot time it would be there and i had to sign for it

since I was not advised that it wa Signature Required I must now wait until tomorrow and drive 20 miles to pick it up a Post Office
Did you have the package tracking information beforehand? If so, that should have shown a signature was required. FYI for the future if you haven't been reviewing your package tracking information.

I had them ship mine USPS priority mail since there was no indication of how it would be shipped with the free shipping. USPS would and did deliver on Saturday, the other carriers do not with their regular ground delivery.
No signature was required and I was out of the house for a while when it was delivered. Not sure if it was requested and ignored by USPS, but it didn't appear to be required based on what I could see on the labels.
I actually called FDS and asked how they would ship and was told USPS which is great for me but wasn't told about the signature requirement. If I had know about it I would have stayed home today and waited for delivery. but nothing was ever said about it . I was just excited about getting my first drone especially the MM. but OH well I will get it sometime when I feel like driving one 20 miles to get it.

Pretty expensive package; I wouldn't want it sitting on my door step. Smarter to sign for it to ensure you receive it. Lack of patience will get you into trouble in this sport, beginning with the delivery.

I have order lots of stuff that was way more expensive Like my Mac computer and MacBook air laptop. this drone don't compare and they were left on the back porch or in the garage

Did you have the package tracking information beforehand? If so, that should have shown a signature was required. FYI for the future if you haven't been reviewing your package tracking information.

the delivery info only said it was out for delivery and would be here before 8 pm. My rural carrier runs between 11 am and 2 pm and I left home just before two and missed her. If I had been told it would not be an issue but this really chaps me. I am sorry to bother you guys with this.

from the sound of your replies i am beginning to wonder why you are even bothering to purchase a MM you are not a very good advert for people of our age ,sorry if that offends you

Reactions: Capt KO
from the sound of your replies i am beginning to wonder why you are even bothering to purchase a MM you are not a very good advert for people of our age ,sorry if that offends you

I am 75 for your info, I ordered from DJI on Nov 4th and after waiting three weeks for shipment I canceled and ordered from FDS, great service and quick shipment. No Offense when I order something I expect it to be deliver the scheduled day.

I am 75 for your info, I ordered from DJI on Nov 4th and after waiting three weeks for shipment I canceled and ordered from FDS, great service and quick shipment. No Offense when I order something I expect it to be deliver the scheduled day.
no problem at 72 i am not far behind you ,my drone was pre ordered direct from DJI on the 30th october it was released on the 11th november and arrived on my doorstep on the 18th of november , so we all have different experiences

Reactions: W5CI
the delivery info only said it was out for delivery and would be here before 8 pm. My rural carrier runs between 11 am and 2 pm and I left home just before two and missed her. If I had been told it would not be an issue but this really chaps me. I am sorry to bother you guys with this.
Originally USPS said I'd receive on Monday by 8pm but since FDS is 5 hours away and in USPS's hands by 3pm Friday, I was sure I'd get it Saturday. I think it was 5am Saturday USPS switched to saying delivery would be Saturday. Then or a few hours later it was out for delivery between 10am and 12:30pm. I had an engagement that day and had to pick up my dad so I left my house about 11:10. We left his house at around 11:20 where on the way to where we were going, and not yet past where I'd turn to go to my house, I got a text that it was delivered and at my door. Detour!

I ordered a MM Fly More kit from Florida Drone Supply, it was shipped quickly and was attempted to deliver today very fast shipping. However since I was not advised that it wa Signature Required I must now wait until tomorrow and drive 20 miles to pick it up a Post Office. needless to say I am very unhappy and have told FDS of my displeasure. sorry for the rant but I was ready to try to fly
IF........ That’s the worst that happened to you ........ thank the Lord and get ready to fly..........?????

FDS was indeed pretty quick - from my order on Friday to delivery yesterday on Monday. The online order tracking indicated that it was shipped by UPS and that signature was required. Since I was concerned that I wouldn't be at home for the delivery, I requested the package to be held at a near by UPS location. Worked like a charm since I also had the tracking info telling me exactly where the package was and when it was delivered to the store. Can only recommend to do it that way since you stay in control...

Had a go around once with UPS signature required.
My wife gets a LOT of QVC and is usually delivered around 4:10 by UPS
One day when my Spark was coming back from service, attempted delivery tag on the door said 3:20.
I called and spoke with tier one and said the driver cannot come back because he would get behind schedule.
I asked for the supervisor and then it dawned on me...the driver can come back because he is ahead of schedule.
Sure enough, they radioed him and he came back.

FDS was indeed pretty quick - from my order on Friday to delivery yesterday on Monday. The online order tracking indicated that it was shipped by UPS and that signature was required. Since I was concerned that I wouldn't be at home for the delivery, I requested the package to be held at a near by UPS location. Worked like a charm since I also had the tracking info telling me exactly where the package was and when it was delivered to the store. Can only recommend to do it that way since you stay in control...

Mine was shipped Friday and arrived Monday via USPS Priority Mail with a Signature Required without any notice. I will just go the 20 miles and pick it up today sometime if I have time. I was unhappy because I wasn't notified any way about a signature being required. I guess some orders require a Sig and some do not. I am over it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan